Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

I am unbelieveably disappointed. The last two weeks I've been so careful, so controlled. I've eaten on average 1100 or 1200 calories each day, I've run 3/4 times per week and denied myself everything I like. I banked so much hope on getting on those scales today, my whole week was gearing up towards that moment. I stood on them this morning and I haven't lost one single ounce, not one. I'm so gutted and disappointed, I can't tell you. It would have made me feel so good about myself to have achieved something and now I feel like a worthless piece of ugly rubbish and I hate myself. :tearful: I can't do anymore, why did I even bother, I might just as well stuff myself with cakes.

~ Mel ~

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Aww Mel, don't be so hard on yourself. I think you're doing brill! Are you getting enough carbohydates? Apparently they help to break down fat thats stored by turning into quick release energy for your muscles when you're working out. Don't forget as well that muscle weighs heavier than fat so you have probably lost fat and gained muscle with all that running! Also if you work out hard you keep burning calories up to a day later so maybe the scales haven't caught up yet. Take care you're doing really well. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I am unbelieveably disappointed. The last two weeks I've been so careful, so controlled. I've eaten on average 1100 or 1200 calories each day, I've run 3/4 times per week and denied myself everything I like. I banked so much hope on getting on those scales today, my whole week was gearing up towards that moment. I stood on them this morning and I haven't lost one single ounce, not one. I'm so gutted and disappointed, I can't tell you. It would have made me feel so good about myself to have achieved something and now I feel like a worthless piece of ugly rubbish and I hate myself. :tearful: I can't do anymore, why did I even bother, I might just as well stuff myself with cakes.

~ Mel ~

Can understand how you feel Mel, I felt like that too recently when I stayed the same, even though I knew I'd stuck with it. It's soul destroying >:D<<'>

Remember what you said to me though....that muscle weighs more, so maybe that's what is happening with you?

Also in a previous post you said your clothes were baggier....so you are slimming down Mel, just not losing weight..........what about measuring yourself instead of weighing yourself?

STS this week. Pretty pleased with that all things considered. I should have lost because I had 5lbs cut off me, but ate everything in sight post op so it all balanced out :lol: Back on plan today. :thumbs:

i bet your pleased sg! I somehow managed to lose another pound but its getting harder now!!! I did my davina work out and could hardly move the next day :lol:

I've been feeling horribly bloated this week. Don't know why, I've been following my plan of drinking lots of water and eating smaller portions. I nipped on my WW scales yesterday, to reassure myself, and I'd gained 2 lbs :unsure: I'm bemused, and it will be interesting to see what I weigh when I go for my official WW weigh in tomorrow morning. If I've gained, then it's a mystery to me.

We had my mum and her partner over last night for a chinese. I decided rather than risk eating too much, I'd buy myself a WW Sweet and Sour meal instead. It's just not the same though is it :(

I really don't think I can actually put any more effort in than I am, and all I got last night was "Go on, eat something, you can't just eat that" "It's your genes, it's your motabolism" "Why are you bothering, here have some chips and prawn crackers, you look fine as you are"

My mum was horrified to see me sit down with a glass of water and a teeny tiny WW meal, bless her. It's like a mortal sin, and she kept saying "Don't be thinking you'll be on a diet when we are all in France, I'll be making baguettes, with ham, blah blah blah" :lol:

well im very fed up :tearful: i got on the scales this morning and like you baggy seemed to have put on 2lb :wallbash::wallbash: I really dont know how as ive been good. I dont feel like being good anymore whats the point - i think im in a negative mood today!!! some other things going on which have made me feel down and the only thing that makes me feel better is comfort eating which i cant do :crying: and even if i do il only feel worse.

I nearly flung my scales out the window on Sunday, wanted to smash the evil things to smitherines! Jay said to me later, 'what were you shouting in the bathroom for?', ooops! At least I managed to keep all the rude words under my breath! :whistle::ph34r:

I might even get rid of the scales, they're no good for my health at all, I've become totally obsessed. I'm not weighing myself until Friday now and if I don't like what I see then I'm going to take them to the nearest charity shop!

~ Mel ~

I had my weigh in last night and had lost 4lbs! That brings my total to 6.5lbs in a fortnight. Only another 4 stone to go . . .

Just got back from WW weigh in. Lost 2 lb :D:D:D My total is now 11.5 lb.....oooooh, I can nearly see the first stone mark, although at the rate I've lost weight, I'll be lucky to be there by the Summer :lol::pray:

And Easter is looming :tearful:

I've asked DH not to buy me an egg.....maybe get me a voucher to buy a new top or something instead.

May go have a shufty at how many points are in a Cadbury's Cream Egg and have that instead on Sunday B)

Edited by Bagpuss

My weigh in is tomorrow. However, jumped on the scales today and think I am stayed the same again this week :tearful: Mind you under the circumstances that is good i suppose

Well done on your loss Baggy :thumbs:

I have just been on a binge as well. Haven't done this for ages. Have things gone on and have just been plodding along.

I think it is just all hitting me now.

Forbsay

i lost another 1lb. That is 7lbs in total.

Next mini target is another 7lbs off.............

Well done Baggy! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

This looks fun, can I join. I don't even know what I am supossed to weigh. my son said my b.. was wibbly wobbly yesterday--charming----

I think I am ok from waist up, but all goes wrong in bottom half I knew I should have been a news reader, people only ever see your top half! have already had a cream egg, and a bagel with homous and salad. a smoothie, a large bowl of porridge, 2 cups of coffee and a bag of grapes. Oh yes and half a kit kat ( and it's only 12.30 )

Harmony x

Welcome Harmony

*hands Harmony a frozen curly wurly*

Yummy Thank You.

Passes bagpuss a rather nice slice of apple pie with plenty of cream. (or do you prefer custard)

will start diet on Monday, as need to have a look at height/weight chart. of course I will be standing in platform boots to make me taller, so I can be heavier.

harmony x

well ive well and truly fallen off the wagon :crying::crying: Easter is whats done it all the eggs :tearful: The boys got 5 each so thats fifteen :hypno: and i got 2 which ive eaten :shame: Im not sure when im going to get back on track as ive been a bit busier than normal so its harder to plan meals. Plus we go away soon so not sure how il be abroad. Im really trying not to think about the flight :sick:

Harmony, oh, I don't half miss apple pie and cream hmmmmmmm.....thankyou for my gorgeous cyber helping :eat:

Brooke, sorry to read that things are not going so well. Just try to go with it, don't beat yourself up and start again when you feel ready >:D<<'>

Well, I had 5 half lagers last night :drunk: , garlic bread and spag bol. Got abit of a hangover tbh because it's been so long since I had a "proper" drink. I've added my points for last night, and it's pretty horrific....26 :o ! I'm allowed 22 a day :lol:

Fortunately with WW you can spread your points out weekly, and I had a few saved over the last few days, and the rest I've spread out for the rest of the week. Eating out again tomorrow though :ph34r:

Sending you lots of hugs Brooke.

Baggy, I get a hangover if i drink half a bottle of wine.

I got a congratulations card from dietline coach for losing 7lbs. It has a badge as well in the design of a foot - I don't like feet! :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Have been out for a walk with the kids. When hubby comes home from his driving lessons, I will go out for another walk.............have to charge my ipod up as well!

Harmony, oh, I don't half miss apple pie and cream hmmmmmmm.....thankyou for my gorgeous cyber helping :eat:

Brooke, sorry to read that things are not going so well. Just try to go with it, don't beat yourself up and start again when you feel ready >:D<<'>

Well, I had 5 half lagers last night :drunk: , garlic bread and spag bol. Got abit of a hangover tbh because it's been so long since I had a "proper" drink. I've added my points for last night, and it's pretty horrific....26 :o ! I'm allowed 22 a day :lol:

Fortunately with WW you can spread your points out weekly, and I had a few saved over the last few days, and the rest I've spread out for the rest of the week. Eating out again tomorrow though :ph34r:

I am having a no crisps and biscuits day, so can have a chineese this pm. Only had half a salmon sandwich and a smoothie so far today. I do feel better with less sugar.

will focus on real diet on Mon

Harmony

I think I'm going to put my scales in the loft for a few weeks, they're making me quite ill. I put on a pound over Easter and had a serious breakdown, I just couldn't handle it, I spiralled into a pit of such self-loathing that it was frightening, ended up pounding on myself and cutting myself with scissors. :( I'm going to just eat sensibly and exercise for a couple of weeks and not weigh myself at all, because it's doing me no good at all at the moment. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Sorry guys, didn't mean to upset anyone, it's just that I haven't got anyone that I can talk to about this stuff. Lucky it's winter so I can hide all me bruises and stuff under my clothes so DH doesn't see or he'd be ever so worried. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Sorry guys, didn't mean to upset anyone, it's just that I haven't got anyone that I can talk to about this stuff. Lucky it's winter so I can hide all me bruises and stuff under my clothes so DH doesn't see or he'd be ever so worried. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

I'm new here really, but so sorry you are feeling so down. I think many of us in this thread have personal acceptance issues, I so wish I could just say b----- it I am who I am. big, small, whatever. We all try so hard to fit in, It has somthing to do with he society we live in. Many cultures out there embrace the larger form, I wish we could too. Sending you my best wishes. Keep strong.

Harmony

I gained 5lbs in the last 2 weeks :ph34r: I was expecting it considering I'd eaten everything in sight since I got out of hospital 3 weeks ago. It probably should have been more than that :lol: Ah well back on track today :thumbs:

I think I'm going to put my scales in the loft for a few weeks, they're making me quite ill. I put on a pound over Easter and had a serious breakdown, I just couldn't handle it, I spiralled into a pit of such self-loathing that it was frightening, ended up pounding on myself and cutting myself with scissors. :( I'm going to just eat sensibly and exercise for a couple of weeks and not weigh myself at all, because it's doing me no good at all at the moment. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Oh hun, nothing is worth doing this to yourself >:D<<'>

You don't have to be a size 10 or whatever to be healthy and attractive.

Men don't seem to worry about having different body shapes...as long as someone is healthy we are all going to be different shapes and sizes.

I think it's to do with the fact that womens clothing is done by size...'you are a 10, a 12, a 14', etc, etc. Men's clothing is just the chest/waist/leg measurement...much less stigmatising.

Take care >:D<<'>

Boho :(