Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

So, how's half term going for you all??

Fantastic at the moment! I'm on my own at home for the first time in about 2 years. I can't believe the quiet! I've had a lovely evening just pottering around. The rest of the family are staying with the grandparents and I'm joining them tomorrow..

###### awful actually but thanks for asking.

Hubby is away in France, we have a prowler using our side gate every night and my kids are scared to death. I don't think he is going to cause trouble, he is using our garden as a cut through. The other night during a nasty storm I had to get up at 4am to go outside to bolt the gate, I used a hammer to make sure but today it was unbolted again and I know it wasn't my kids as it was too hard for them to open and they hadn't been out. I heard a noise last night, the side gate is right next to my living room so I can hear everything that goes on round there, it is also next to my bedroom, hence having to lock the gate, it was banging on the wall in the wind. I am thinking of setting a trap, lining up tin cans so I know for sure when he is there but I don't know what I will do if I catch him, I have decided to wait until hubby gets home.

Apart from that Ben is a nightmare, always is when the others are around. Not having adult company is a bummer, I don't know how single parents cope, I admire them no end.

I'm off to get a few of my sorrows damp now, well I can't drown them I have to be capable of looking after my brood.

You did ask !!!

Viper.

Yep this week as been a nightmare I admire the teachers.God the abuse and tantums and constant fights between my son and daughter has been bl***y non stop.

Stroll on next Monday although getting him to school is a nightmare too :wacko:

Lisa x

It's not going too badly here.

It goes a little better when it's not raining and we can send them out into the garden, but it's nice not to have to worry about school.

We had a few people round for my DD's birthday (4, NT) yesterday, and our two Autistic boys coped pretty well considering how difficult it is for them.

Simon

It's been ok - ish here!! :blink:

Days have been much less stressful without school, but, no school = break in routine = couple of meltdowns :tearful:

But, to make up for all of that - we've had lots of fun together :D .

Hi

Not too bad here but not enough outing as my feet are aching so much and my partner is at work, my daughter keep suggeseting that to solve my feet pbs I should use her roller-skates.... :lol::lol::lol:

Malika.

l can't wait for monday k is really fed up, he does not know what to do with himself he is missing the routine of school.

Not too bad but expensive as I have found a playscheme and Mikey has been 2 days this week and goes again today. If it didn't cost so much it would be perfect and he would have gone every day as he loves it.

Washing machine finally arrived yesterday so no more hand washing. New one is like a space ship compared to my old one, trying to work out all the programmes has been fun :hypno:

I'm also finding it less stressful with no tantrums before or after school, but he does miss the routine. The downside is he won't leave his little brother alone.

I have spent the last 4 days doing his parental report for his Stat Assessment panel meeting next week.

>:D<<'> for those who've had a bad week

Edited by lil_me

I hate half-term!

I am stuck at home with a hyper 4yr old who wants to go to school, a sick 11mth old and an ASD 3yr old who doesn't understand why he cannot go to playgroup when all the staff are! (it is right opposite our house and he can see the staff going in for their week of training!) :crying:

DP is still out in Bagdad and will be til the 5th of December.

Roll on Christmas holidays.............. I am dreading them too!

Nikki.

(who apologises for sounding like a miserable cow!) :)

It is so-so.Rhodri takes a lot of entertaining and misses the routine of school.The others want to chill out and the rear window of the car shattered yesterday and I'm waitng for it to be repaired.xx

good holiday :thumbs: starting to dreed them going back,meltdown's are likely to start again.Hope not :pray: .been buzzing been told kyle's 4th on waiting list for CAMHS,so finaly getting there :clap::clap: ,not long now,after 9 years of hell lol

first few days not good at all but steves been up mums for 3 days so ive had chance to charge my batteries ready for round 2 when he gets back!! :ninja:

Well, Louis and Lee have been at their father's in Wales since last Friday night, and although I feel guilty for having loved every minute of peace, Rob and I have missed them dreadfully.

Poor Matthew has been looking lost at points during the day as he doesn't have his brother's to play with, but has enjoyed being able to play with his toys, and watch what TV he wants without Louis taking it off him/turning the TV over.

Another 2 days to go, and then they come home.

Hi,

This has been the Kai's first half-term since starting at his new special school in september. Before that i had him at home with me for 18 months!

Even after one month of him being at school, i'd got used to the house being tidy again. Now it's a bomb site! :wacko:

He's actually said he misses his new school, especially the TA (i think he's got a bit of a crush on her :wub: ).

We've spent most days looking at trains (sigh) and filming them with the camcorder. Yesterday the camcorder broke and has gone away for repair, so we had a huge meltdown about that. He watches his train "movies" every day :( .

On a happy note, i took him bowling for the first time ever today with my mum, dad and sister. I was worried that he wouldn't like all the noise, but we booked a lane right at the end and he absolutely loved it! :D

I'll definately be glad when he goes back next wednesday!

Loulou x

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! It's so nice not to have the hassle getting to school and getting home, but the novelty wore off after the first day! Three boys all wanting a piece of me, everything must happen NOW, lots of shouting, screaming, fighting, nice to see them playing rough and tumble together occasionally but, of course it always ends in tears - often mine, too!

I just need about three of me to look after them ans someone to nurse my bruised brain - wish social services would come round and see what really goes on (why don't they ever want to actually meet the children???)

Lizzie

How is half term going

Same as usual for us we home ed :lol:

Carole

ps although it is better when the kids are at school - it means the places we like to visit are not as busy.

Well I'm just dreading the return to school on Monday, Mikey's been in meltdown mode all day after I showed him on the calendar that its back to school on Monday, thought take him to Brewsters for dinner, but no he spent his time either on the playstation in there or hiding in a corner and when I tried to get him to come and eat he started biting and kicking screaming the repeatedly punched me in the face, think I will have bruises in the morning :tearful:

Edited by lil_me

Our half term was going swimmingly until we returned from holiday in Portugal.

Yesterday an upstairs radiator burst and we had water pouring through living room ceiling.

Today the microwave has blown up !

What's going to be the third catastrophe ? School on monday maybe ? !!

wac

dont ask! lol

The third catastrophe wasn't going back to school, it was the amount my other half spent on a new microwave !!!

Why did I let him go alone ? At least he didn't come back with the plasma tv he was looking at :wacko:

wac

The third catastrophe wasn't going back to school, it was the amount my other half spent on a new microwave !!!

Why did I let him go alone ? At least he didn't come back with the plasma tv he was looking at :wacko:

wac

They are doing them for �30 in ASDA!

Simon

I'm sure your new microwave will give you many hours of cooking pleasure. ;) You're supposed to change them regularly anyway. Who needs a plasma TV when you can sit in front of it and watch the food going round? :lol:

Am too scared too watch after the old one blew up whilst I was heating up milk for cocoa ( for me, of course :rolleyes: ) am still shaking...

'cooking pleasure' isn't that another oxymoron ? ;)

wac