Sign in to follow this  
mandyque

Doing our bit for awareness

Local newspaper item about my daughter!

Thought you might like to have a look at an article me and my daughter were involved in about autism and a local autism centre B) C was an absolute angel getting her photos done that day and I think the article came out really well :groupwave:

Well done you for getting the ASD across as a possitive thing and not a negative thing as we often here.The wording in your aticle touched a spot and I can fully understand what it is like especialy the bed time Aghhh!!!

Thanks again it was a lovely read

Lisa x

Thank you for your lovely comments, I am very much aware that I am speaking for us all in trying to raise awareness and understanding and wanted to get across the fact that autism means something different for everyone, but this is what it's like for us. The respite care centre is going to be amazing, here's a link so you can read some more about it. It's still in its infancy at the moment but they are working hard to get the respite care up and running and the work they are doing is fantastic B)

Daisy Chain Project

What a fab article. Well done to both of you. Its also nice to see the project getting so far, done a bit myself with some fund raising, not a lot but suppose it all helps, but haven't had chance to go there yet. From Teeside originally myself.

Edited by lil_me

Lovely article and photo of you both (how do you get your daughter's hair to look so neat ? - mine never does )- and wonderful to see an autistic GIRL making the news for once. :thumbs::clap::wub:

That was a great article mandy, and your daughter is beautiful. finally something positive after all the bad press asd seems to get.

well done >:D<<'>

Well done Mandy, what a lovely little girl.

It sounds a wonderful place, wouldnt it be brilliant if everyone could have access to somewhere similar. It should be the norm rather than the exception.

Love Loraine xx

Lovely article and photo of you both (how do you get your daughter's hair to look so neat ? - mine never does )- and wonderful to see an autistic GIRL making the news for once. :thumbs::clap::wub:

Believe me her hair is never totally neat, we keep it short so it doesn't get too bad, if she grows it longer it gets horribly matted because she will kill you rather than have a hair brush near her head :fight: She does however, love a bath and I put lots of conditioner on and try to brush it while its wet, it doesn't seem to bother her as much then :rolleyes:

Thank you again for all your lovely comments, I'm glad it's turned out well and that you all like the article B)

Excellent Article. The farm must be a very special place, it is a real shame that Lesley isn't there to see it go from stength to strength, but there couldn't be a more fitting way to remember her.

Simon