Stephanie

Last CD you listened to?

David do you know a north east band called Amber Souls, they are well worth going to see. I went to see them at the Cluney in Byker..........they are kind of hippy trippy indie and the bass player is pretty lush :P

Last Cd I listened to: -

The Shins Wincing the night away

SV

EDIT..........How come I cant get the italics to work?

You need a [/i] to close it rather than just . No not heard of 'Amber Souls' I'll see if I can find anything about them.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Thanks David,

I was using the options that are directly above the reply box and cant see how to create italics using that so will try your way.

The Shins Wincing the night away

There see if that works :D

SV

I'm currently rotating all of Incubus' albums on Itunes as I'm off to see them in a few weeks and am stupendously excited.

Before that it was a band called The Features who are well worth checking out, their song The Idea of Growing Old will be the first dance song at my wedding, whoever I eventually get married to :lol: They have no choice.

This is their Myspace page The Features and The Idea of Growing Old is on there, though the player seems to be a bit hit and miss.

Emily

xxx

'Shadow of the Moon' by Blackmoore's Night :clap:

AND, there are piccies of Candice Night looking all fey with sparkley bits and flowers in her hair, BD :P:P !! :dance::clap:

George Micheals 25 got me through the ironing especially the cheesy wham numbers :whistle:

A girl after my own heart, Dolly!

George helps me out while I'm baking. He's a dab hand at rolling pastry you know, when he's not lurking in public toilets of course.

Karen

x

The ordinary boys... brassbound...

sort of the jam meets madness meets the kaiser chiefs...

not sure...

OK, but don't think it'd ever make my 'Desert Island Discs' :lol::lol:

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I've only just got this song out of my head :lol::dance::dance: !!

I was driving everyone NUTS singing it - now you've set me off again :lol:

I don't know which has the strongest hook - the song or the chora...core...chorea...dance routine!

I don't know which has the strongest hook - the song or the chora...core...chorea...dance routine!

actually bighead i think you will find i have a very strong left hook when people push me :o:o

Both! Song.... :dance::D ......... Weird dancin' ......... :hypno::hypno::hypno: Ooooooooooooo!

:lol:

Michel Gondrys' the guy who made it - he's done some others, but this is my fav :hypno::hypno::hypno::clap:

actually bighead i think you will find i have a very strong left hook when people push me :o:o

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If I thought you meant it i'd be scared witless!! :lol::lol:

L&

BD :D>:D<<'>

As george wasnt available today to help me through the ironing had to make do with 80,s 12in mix. Which took me back to my misspent teenage years ,all that was missing was the 6ins of makeup couple of cans of hair spray rather odd clothes(it was fashion at the time) and a large pernod and black. Happy days i think but after the amount of pernod i could sink in those days its abit of a haze :drunk:

dolly i loved 80s music,thats what i listen to if i do listen to anything,my cd to chill to is the lighthouse family,love the lead singers voice

Well I went wayyyyyyyy back today with 'Tommy' by The Who - blinding stuff! Side 1 can still make the hairs OTBOMN stand up!! Who needs electricity when you can play an acoustic like PT?? :D

I've just recieved a present off a friend.....she always sends me music that i would never consider buying for myself. This time it was:

Jose Gonzalez - Veneer.

I like it a lot, very relaxing, apparently good bath music. A far cry from what I'd normally listen to. Hmmm wonder what i can send her in return? It certainly wont be bath music :lol:

SV

Jack Savoretti - Between the minds.Sorry if someone has posted this up before.

When I went to the music store I had only heard part of a couple of tracks, didn't know the album title, and wasn't even sure of the singers name. Shop assistant managed to guess it from my vague description. I'm glad he did.

It's a brilliant debut album. It's folksy/accoustic, beautifully melodic with some great lyrics.

I like it all.

MB

Er, Sugababes 'Taller in more ways' for the car, takes my mind off the traffic and the ###### who shouldn't be on the road!!!! :lol:

Richard Ashcroft - Keys to the world.

I always felt that the Verve promised more than was actually played out. This solo effort really fulfils all the promise.

MB

Richard Ashcroft - Keys to the world.

I always felt that the Verve promised more than was actually played out. This solo effort really fulfils all the promise.

MB

Agree with that 100% - apart from 'Storm In Heaven' they didn't quite get there, did they? Didn't like his solo album either, but I'll give this new one a spin to see if it's a step backwards in the right direction! :lol::lol:

Me - I've been listening to Mark Lanegan Band - Bubblegum... absolutely sublime...

:D

Now I'm gonna show my igronance!!

I only discovered the verves Urban hymns a few months ago and loved it.............looked to see if there were any more albums but couldnt find any soo I guess thay disbanded LOL I dont even know how old Urban hymns is. Is richard ashcroft the lead singer?? gone solo?? I guess i should google but thought I'd ask the experts instead : )

SV

BTW last CD listened to:

Arcade Fire.........Neon Bible

Gosh I seem to have a panchant for religious sounding albums!

Urban Hymns appears to be from 1997 having a quick search online. Will try and find a list of the albums they released for you.

This Wiki page has the history of 'The Verve' band: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verve_%28band%29

Towards the bottom of the Wiki page is a discography. Urban Hymns was the last of three albums they released. Other two were 'A Northen Soul' in 1995 and 'A Storm in Heaven' in 1993. Hope that helps you.

Their lead singer does appear to have gone solo. He has had at least 3 albums released. Have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ashcroft#Discography

Personally not listened to any CDs for a while. When I have time I've been reading. For some reason when driving tend to like it quiet. Can drive with music on but just prefer not to. Planning on seeing what rubbish we are entering for Eurovision though.

Now I'm gonna show my igronance!!

I only discovered the verves Urban hymns a few months ago and loved it.............looked to see if there were any more albums but couldnt find any soo I guess thay disbanded LOL I dont even know how old Urban hymns is. Is richard ashcroft the lead singer?? gone solo?? I guess i should google but thought I'd ask the experts instead : )

SV

BTW last CD listened to:

Arcade Fire.........Neon Bible

Gosh I seem to have a panchant for religious sounding albums!

Hi SV -

Urban Hymns was their 'biggy' and then they split up - IA has had two solo albums (I think?)

Storm in Heaven was their debut and is very 'trippy' - very floyd-ish guitars .

They had another album out called Northern Soul which i didn't like quite as much but was still better IMHO than urban hymns, and then their was an 'odds'n'sods' album called no come down which wasn't bad for an 'odds'n'sods'!... I think there might be a 'greatest hits' compilation floating about too...hold on...

Had a quick shufty on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_3/20...ve%2Cn%3A231193

L&P

BD

(PS: Somebody else must have liked them too... went to look for my copies and only have 'northern soul' now! :o:lol::lol: )

Hi SV -

Urban Hymns was their 'biggy' and then they split up - IA has had two solo albums (I think?)

Storm in Heaven was their debut and is very 'trippy' - very floyd-ish guitars .

They had another album out called Northern Soul which i didn't like quite as much but was still better IMHO than urban hymns, and then their was an 'odds'n'sods' album called no come down which wasn't bad for an 'odds'n'sods'!... I think there might be a 'greatest hits' compilation floating about too...hold on...

Had a quick shufty on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_3/20...ve%2Cn%3A231193

L&P

BD

(PS: Somebody else must have liked them too... went to look for my copies and only have 'northern soul' now! :o:lol::lol: )

I like hippy trippy stuff so will look out for Storm in Heaven..........I only ever see urban hymns in the shops but cant say I've looked very hard :D

SV

me and steve been listening to abba cds today,our fave song is does your mother know,its probably not even called that but you know what i mean :D

Been zim zimmering with Beanie man to help with the ironing. Kofi also loves this cd its really funny when he wants grandad to sing to it. My poor dad hasnt a clue what its all about :lol:

The Last Track I listened to was:

"Children of the Sky" from Mike Batts "The Hunting of the Snark".

"Out in the deserts of darkness and dreams,

Out though the oceans of sadness we sailed.

Venturing onwards through mystical scenes,

Blown on the whim of the wind that prevailed.

We had no reason to doubt the truth,

Driven by danger and discontent,

And the drums of youth.

Don't let the memory die,

Childen of the sky, heroes of the sea.

And as your life passes by,

Remember how it feels to be

Children Of The Sky

Searching on mountains of wisdom and fears,

Searching in forests of feathers and snow.

Travelling through valleys of secrets and tears,

Where only the brave or the foolish would go.

Watching for signs in an empty sky,

We never thought that the rain would fall,

As the years went by.

Children Of The Sky

(Instrumental Section)

Children Of The Sky"

Was on the computer rather than CD though. Only own it on LP and have put the deck away at the moment. Had ripped it to MP3 first though so could still enjoy it.

Here is a weird fact for you too. It seems to be this album where the theme tune for Big Break came from.

I am listening to 'Tubular Bells' as I type!! :clap: (Freebie from the paper...how tragic is that!)

It was the first album I ever bought, on cassette :wub:

(At least it wasn't on reel-to-reel! Ask BD what that was! ;) )

Boho :dance:

Guest Lya of the Nox

pink upstairs and avril lavene downstairs

both dd's lol

x

we got some reel to reel here

hubs is wee bit older than me lol :wub:

Weeelllll...

B loves The Levellers.

Specifically the album Levelling the Land.

And one particular track

The Game.

He's had it on repeat for weeks, or is it years? It all blurs into a frenzy of fiddle music in my head.

I think Noriega was shown more compassion.

If I wear headphones to listen to my stuff, I can't hear any impending warfare between B and older sister.

And the sad thing is, it's my CD that he pinched. I used to like that track, a long long long time ago.

I'm Listening to The Proclaimers' Restless Soul.. My mate gave me a copy tonight and bought me a ticket(gold dust) to a gig for later in the year. Brill!!