Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Idea - Permission needed

By all means you can use anything that I have posted so far......I could give you a whole host of other stuff to use......some of which would make your blood boil......

Will PM you......

Rabbit :robbie:

Carole,

I'm tempted to say to you that you have our permission, as forum hosts to use anything anonymously, extracted from the forum, unless anyone objects directly. Which, they can do via PM to yourself, or Kris and me.

I am sure that the majority (if not all) of the people would only be too pleased to know that their hard graft in documenting their struggles on here, may reach a wider (and influential) audience.

Regarding sharing the 'source' to Lord Filkin, et al, then again, I have no significant issue with that. However, it does raise the question of whether our forum would come under the spotlight, and possibly in a negative way. We could be quite a formidable force/threat!

Kris and I fund this forum ourselves, and therefore are not answerable to any organisation (but we are advertised through links, by many other sites, including NAS). We are not exempt from threats of 'action' however, which sadly we have had before, where individuals/authorities/professionals have been named, or taken humbrance. I would ask all members to familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions of the forum, and to stick to the boundaries, please. :)

That said, we have all built the forum into the professional site that it is, whilst still being able to let our hair down and have a much needed laugh. So, nothing needs to change really, but we do need to remind ourselves of who might just be popping in!! :ph34r:

Elefan

xx

PS: Whilst, I am being sensible for a fleeting moment, can I just ask please that you all title your posts in such a way that anyone scouring the forum in a dire moment of need, can find the threads most relevant to them asap. There are increasingly more threads appearing, rightly asking for 'Help!', but could you expand a little more on the subject. :) It also helps me 'merge' with greater ease when I'm spring cleaning!! <I don't spring clean the Batcave,..it smells foul in there!! ;):D:bat: >

PPS: Don't forget when you are scouring through the pages, to make sure you have selected 'Show all posts from,...BEGINNING', to get the oldest stuff to appear from the archives.

PPPS: I am away from tomorrow for a week, and Robbie is going to Kris,....You get peace from me, but no doubt the odd 'tale' about Robbie! What's the worst that can happen!! :rolleyes: Nellie,...I'm counting on you!! No pressure!! ;):lol:

xx

Hi Carole -

If I have, inadvertently, ever written anything sensible you are welcome to it!

In regard to Elefan's very sensible comments re 'action' and 'boundaries' i would advise that throughout my posts all names have been changed to protect the guilty ;), and Ben Lester does NOT look like Rug Bug Benny or have a rectangular head!!

L&P

BD :D

I'm not sure I've actually written anything that would help but by all means feel free to use anything I've posted on here for your campaign, Carole.

The Bat-Cave smells?? I have absolutely no idea how that could possibly have been caused. :devil: Anyone else for a brussel sprout dipped in vodka? :lol:

Hi Carole,

I have no objection to you using any of my posts. Your idea of putting parents views forward is an excellent one. Thank you for all the good work you do.

I am passionate about children on the autistic spectrum having the appropriate support to meet their needs, I also believe that teachers should have appropriate support to support those children, in terms of training, extra help, ASD specific outreach workers etc. How many parents would want to invite 30 children to their ASD child?s birthday party without any help!

It?s 21 years since my eldest son started school, I would like to be able to say that things have progressed, sadly, I believe they are no better and in some cases they are worse. :(

Elefan,

Have a great week, I can just see Robbie begging for mercy. :robbie::pray: No pressure on me then! :wacko:

Nellie xx

You can use my posts but i charge a 50p royalty charge per post, if you use them in batch i'm sure i can find some way to discount them! :P

if there is anything I have rambled about that you can use go ahead, wez gives her permission too.

Viper.

Hi Carole,

Only just seen this thread!

I think I've said this before but just to be sure, please feel free to use anything I've posted on here. I've written loads of other stuff as evidence for panels, etc and you're more than welcome to some of that as well if you want it.

You're doing a great job, I suspect many of us would like to take a more active role in campaigning if we were not so bogged down in fighting our own individual battles right now. :wacko:

K

Carole,

Just re read what I said -apologies if my post implies that you have it easy at home! You, of course, are dealing with ASD every day, like all of us, and face the same difficulties.

K

Edited by Kathryn

Hi Carol,

I am more than happy for any of my posts to be used.

If the assistant that you are talking about is Nigel Fulton, then I have been in dialogue with him in the past and he has been just so helpful.

I have suggested in the past that any complaints against the LEA's should be reported to the Dfes as the "boss". This was after being encouraged to do so with my own complaint by the Dfes.

It is very heartening that Lord Filkin seems to be acknowledging that there is a problem but he will only see the tip of the iceberg and I think that the Government (i.e. Dfes) need to be copied in to all the difficulties that we are facing.

I am still trying to find out what my neighbouring Borough (Bournemouth) are doing right and so far, my Borough have just said that just because Bournemouth has been chosen, does not mean that all other Leas' are getting it wrong - Yeah right!!

Best Wishes

Helen

Hi Carol, please feel free to use any of my posts.On a positive note my sons school although small has given him lots of help and understanding ,a truly brill classroom assistant and lsa have helped enormously.His current teacher borrowed books from me to read up on his condition, definitely an example of how to do things properly and parents and school working together.He is rewarded positively all the time is offered extra art classes which he enjoys aand can now eat his dinner on his own.If only more schools could do this.

Carole, you have my permission to use anything I've said as evidence against me ! No, seriously you can quote me, but can't see my posts being of much help as it's early days with the lea for us.

Good luck,

wac

hi yes of course feel free , you go girl we need to fight these issues at the moment because my son is passive at school im reduced to having to video him at home to remind them that he as asd its dispicable but the only way to make them listen and take notice they should be listening to us as parents and supporting us instead of fighting us. :clap:

:D Fine by me!!! The horrendous stuff that made Maudsley hospital reel in shock regarding the LEA I have not posted, it happened with my eldest and before I discovered this forum. But if u think it would help just PM me, and I shall send you the info. Good luck :D:D