Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Forum Diet Thread

Baggy. i have read somewhere that drinking water regularly sppeds up the metabolism.

I also read in a magazine that sweeteners in soft drinks encourage weight retention as the body gets confused by the sweet taste.

Why dont you try the core diet on ww i am doing that and what i like is that you can eat till you feel satisfied with certain foods but the list of food is quite good.Have you measured yourself?

I bet you have lost a few inches.

Nic

I've lost weight on my wrists Nic :lol:

Hmmm, had considered giving up the pepsi max. Had said to DH earlier that I may try Volvic instead, because I like their flavoured waters, although I'm assuming they probably use sweetners too. Not looked properly at the core plan either.....I struggle to know when I'm full, so I've kinda viewed it as a dangerous area to venture into.

I made chicken madras tonight for tea, and DH was laughing at my portion :rolleyes: I tried to only put on my plate what would fit on a side plate, and topped it up with lots of chopped cucumber. Then I treated myself to a curly wurly with the points I had left. Not had any choccy for so long, and even gave the chocs youngest dd bought me for Mothers Day to DH and the kids to eat. I knew I'd never be able to just have a couple, so didn't even have one.

I dunno, I'm swaying from one emotion to another, and literally don't know how I feel from one hour to the next about continuing.

Says she who is wasting away :lol:

All ok here. I've been cutting my evening meal portion right down, side plate size, and also cutting back more through out the day on points, allowing myself a curly wurly and packet of baked crisps each evening with the extra points I have remaining. Don't feel as deprived now, and far more motivated, and I find I have something to look forward to each evening, which is making the day easier to get through. I'm also finding, since cutting my portions down, my stomach is rumbling on a morning when I get up, so assuming that's a good sign. Will know if this has done any good on Wednesday at weigh in. I'm keeping everything crossed that I've found the cause of what was causing the slow/non existant weight loss :pray:

I've also switched from pepsi max, to Volvic, and trying to drink more water generally.

that is really great bagpuss :thumbs: Im sure you will lose weight this week. I always have a packet of snackajacks at about 8pm otherwise id really find it hard!!!! I have my evening meal at 5pm too which i think helps lose more. Im going to have to exercise this week as i didnt do any last week and lost nothing :shame: Im finding it hard at the mo which is strange as a lot of people have said how nice i look now - you'd think that would motivate me :unsure:

I'm still doing well with my calorie counting, averaging about 1100 or 1200 per day, although yesterday I had almost 1700, not too bad though. Nearly had a meltdown today when I realized DH had eaten my fat-free yoghurt. I was so hungry this afternoon and I'd been sitting there dreaming about my banana and yoghurt and when it came time to get it it was gone! :tearful: I stood there, mute, with my fists clenched and almost lost it completely, I didn't have a clue what to do!! Decided in the end to have mashed banana on toast with a few raisins, don't know how many calories were in that, probably about 250 I suppose. :( Think I'm getting a bit obsessed now. :whistle:

~ Mel ~

Im really struggling :tearful: the boys are being hard work at the mo which makes me want to comfort eat. Im sick of eating the same foods as i not too good at cooking healthy foods plus i dont have a lot of time either. I just want to eat a load of the kids sweets and choc its just sitting in the cuboard waiting for me :tearful::tearful: I feel like im at the critical stage of giving in :crying:

Brooke >:D<<'>

It must be hard, especially with 3 little ones. Just take a look at your piccies, you look fantastic :thumbs:

Stick one on your fridge....and another when you were at your heaviest.

If you really need sweeties or chocs, go for a low fat option, so you don't have to go totally without...I'm finding it so much easier since I began allowing myself a curly wurly and baked crisps on a night, and it's all within my points. Maybe you could have a look through what treats you like best, find out which are the lowest cals/fat, and keep a some in the fridge or cupboard.

thanks baggy >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Ive just had some tea so i feel a bit better i just find it really hard when there are sweets and choc in the house not to eat it!!! My problemis if its there then i really want it!!! I really dont want to go back to being the size i was though so i just have to think about all the nice things people have said and make sure i dont fall completely off the wagon.

I was just saying to Dh its not fair really cos if you were an alcholic you could just never drink again but its not like you can live without food you have to eat everyday. I cant imagine an alcoholic having one drink everyday but we have o eat three meals a day !!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I think the other problem is that IMO over eating can be tied up with so many emotional issues. I certainly eat when I feel fed up, and it can be a vicious cycle...you eat to take some form of pain/loneliness/unhappiness etc away, to try and make yourself feel better....then feel hugely guilty for not being able to control your eating, so you are back to feeling as you did before you over ate. Yet this issue is rarely addressed. You are given a diet sheet, nutritional advice etc if you visit your GP, but rarely offered support with finding the causes of over eating. Until this is addressed, obesity will always be a huge issue, and it's growing. Your right too, it's not like having to just stop drinking, or smoking even, well recognised addictions.....you have to continue to eat, infact you are actively encouraged to eat, any social occasion, a celebration, even a night at the piccies...you will be bombarded with food.

It's a blooming minefield, and so, so hard. >:D<<'>

I certainly eat when I feel fed up, and it can be a vicious cycle...you eat to take some form of pain/loneliness/unhappiness etc away, to try and make yourself feel better....then feel hugely guilty for not being able to control your eating, so you are back to feeling as you did before you over ate.

That is exactly what i do :rolleyes: When i feel down one of the only things i look forward to was/is having a nice meal with dh if i dont have that as sad as it sounds i just feel even more depressed! I have over the yrs got into the habbit of using food as a comfort and i really miss not having that now.

I remember before i had children i used to think if i ever got overweight id just not eat!!!! I never understood how people could get so overweight but then it just creeped up on me without me even realising untill one day you look at a photo or in the mirror and think is that me!

I think you also get judged by people as being lazy/weak if your overweight - its not something you can hide from - i remember a friend commenting on someone overweight saying "they obviously dont takecare of themselves or make an effort" i thought it was really wrong to make such a sweeping statement and judge someone just by how they looked.

Ive got so used to using food as a comfort instead of a necesity and for me the emotional feeling of wanting food is far worse than the actually feeling of being hungry

Edited by brooke

I'm finding the act of writing down everything I eat with the calories (approx.) and adding them up at the end of the day really invaluable in keeping me on track. It's hard to estimate the calories of a meal sometimes, though, and I just end up guessing or rounding it up and am probably over-estimating in a lot of cases. Today, so far, I've had just over 1000 cals so I'm gonna have some grapes and yoghurt later. I'm not gonna weigh myself until Saturday and if I haven't lost at least 3lb then I'll be really surprised/gutted. I probably won't bother carrying on with it if I don't see some serious results.

~ Mel ~

I started Slimming World last week, and have been extra special good on my first week. I went tonight, and had only lost 2.5lbs. I really thought that in my first week I would have done better, if only because I had pigged out on mothers day.

But I really noticed that my poor eating triggers are stress, and on saturday found myself getting really grumpy because I wasn't getting to gorge on the usual cr*p. So I feel better for eating well, and drinking loads of water.

Mel - there is an online site called cookyourselfthin.co.uk that is meant to be really good. You just type in what you are eating and it works out the calories for you it also tells you what you should be aiming for based on weight and height and how many weeks it should take you to get to your goal. Only thing is like most diets you have to pay a membership fee i think its about �8 a month

Here is a free calorie counter website

www.fitwatch.com

And here is a exercise calorie burner website

http://website.lineone.net/~iphilip/di8/di8burn.htm

I am having a really stressful time at work. And I am determined not to comfort eat.......... I am aiming to get to my target weight by the 30th May. Watch this place.

Forbsay

Mel - there is an online site called cookyourselfthin.co.uk that is meant to be really good. You just type in what you are eating and it works out the calories for you it also tells you what you should be aiming for based on weight and height and how many weeks it should take you to get to your goal. Only thing is like most diets you have to pay a membership fee i think its about �8 a month

Cheers Brooke. I'm far too tight-fisted to pay for it, though. :whistle::lol:

~ Mel ~

well everybody back from my ww meeting 2lbs off tonight!!!!!!!!!

cannot believe this is working, but i am enjoying it so far.

good luck everyone, things are a bit hectic here at the moment so sorry i havn't had time to check in on everyone but i am thinking of you all.

nic

thats great nic :thumbs:

Im fed up :tearful: Ive lost 1/2 pound since sat but dh wants to go out for a meal tonight so il prob put it back on! We dont get much chance to go out either so ...... Im finding its getting a lot harder now that ive lost a bit but i still have 18lb to go :crying:

Go out and have fun brooke, having time with hubby is just as important.

good luck tomorrow forbsay.

nic

Eaten so much junk food since getting home from hospital :unsure:

Good! :lol: Post-op is no time to be trying to loose weight :)

Sorry, taken me a few days to catch up again with the thread...lots going on at home atm.

Went to WW weigh in on Weds, and lost 2 lb, which I was pleased with. So that's 9.5 lb in total.

I'm finally beginning to see results. I've had to put two pairs of trousers into the charity shop as they were getting far too baggy to wear, and this morning I tried a pair of jeans on which are a size lower than my usual (I'd had them put away in the bottom of my wardrobe) and they fitted :thumbs:

So, all in all, a positive week so far, and it's lovely to finally see all the hard work pay off a little.

:D

I stayed the same this week. The scales were quavering between weights so have gone for the heavier option!

Well done Baggy :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

SG - I agree with Mumble :)

Edited by forbsay

thats really good baggy :thumbs::thumbs: Its so nice when you can fit into something a bit smaller isnt it! Well i went for meal with dh and it actually wasnt eventhat nice but still it was really nicetospenda bit of time with dh on our own. Today i did my davina work out it is soooooo hard but i feel better for doing it. Il have to do my easier one tomorrow though!!!

Well done baggy! that is fantastic. forbsay that will definitely be a loss next week then.

nic

Congratulations on your loss, Baggy! :notworthy:

I've been very restrained for the last two weeks, my jeans are all baggy, but haven't weighed myself yet. Yesterday I was in one of my I'm-gonna-binge-mindlessly-before-my-brain-even-realizes-what-I'm-doing moods! :o I got down the tin of biccies, I took the lid off, I took one out and put it to my lips, I opened my mouth ............... then I stopped! I hovered there for a few mins, smelling and almost tasting the bic, salivating, I'm sure, and then I put it back in the tin and put the lid on and put it back in the cupboard and went and sat down! :o:D

If I haven't lost at least 2lb on Saturday I'm gonna be very, VERY disillusioned. :(

~ Mel ~

Hi All.

I am very very pleased with myself....Having spent ages holding onto the front bar on the treadmill at the gym I discovered the other day that it is a very naughty habit. :whistle::whistle:

Oh thought I..I am badly coordinated and if I do anything else I will fall off and look really stupid...in front of all those fit trendy lycra clad young things. :lol::lol:

Well I have discovered that not only do I not need to hold the bar like a walking frame....low and behold I can run....all be it for a minute or two and then I need to slow down...but I am very chuffed. :dance::dance:

I also bought new jeans one size smaller yesterday.Karen.

Well done Karen :notworthy::notworthy:

Emailed dietline coach last night and told her i stayed the same. She sent me this factsheet to change one thing......... :unsure::unsure:

I feel totally unmotivated - stressed and got some potentially bad news about one of my lovely friends last night.

Edited by forbsay