Lynden

ASD children more good looking?

Yes i think so, although my other two boys are gorgeous too there is something about Lewis's eyes that are striking. He has green eyes with the thickest longest blackest lashes i've ever seen, everyone always comments on them.Mine are blond and invisible without my mascara!!!

It's amazing - all the things you find out on this forum! We'd always said that Callum is beautiful - in a special way. My twinkles are extremely cute little people, and both are very photogenic, have lovely big eyes, sweet wee smiles.... Callum has all that too, but he has something more. There was a midwife on the ward, after he was born, who had to keep coming back to look at the "beautiful baby". Every teacher who's ever dealt with Callum has always said "... and he looks so angelic too!" He is beautiful.... in a way that I can't describe. It's more than the big blue eyes with the sweeping lashes, the perfect little mouth and nose - the handsome look of all of it together. It's such a shame he won't have his photograph taken!

I have to agree with baddad here - this is nothing really to do with AS, except perhaps a touch of softness that is maintained in the features. If we have stunning kids then great but I too know autistic kids, and adults who definitely don't fit anyone's idea of beauty in the traditional sense

Zemanski

Does anyone else remember 'The Midwich Cuckoos' by John Wyndham? :devil:

For those who don't, it's about a group of beautiful, intelligent, asocial children (probably aliens)

planning to take over the world...

I remember that, I saw it recently on TV and sad to say it did make me wonder if it was based on our kids. Not the evil bit but the way they spoke in monotone and the strange way they behaved.

I am a quote virgin so I hope this works. :pray:

Viper.

This reminds me of the aryan stuff and how the Nazis believed that blond hair and blue eyes are superior. I was actually reading something yesterday about this boy at Auschwitz with a blue spot in his green or brown eye and experiemnts were done on him to try and make the whole eye blue. :huh:

JUST A SHORT NOTE

THIS SITE IS THE ONLY PLACE WE CAN BLOW ARE KIDS TRUMPETS SO TO SPEAK. COS IF WE DONT NOONE ELSE WILL.

yes i have had that said to me too, my son has beautiful eyes. I think it may be cos most ppl who are considered to be beautiful have expressionless faces.

I f you look at models etc their faces are very masklike - caprice is a perfect example. maybe that is it.

Jadensmom my kids are half jamaican too, although tom has brown slightly curly hair and hazel eyes, and ellie has coffee coloured skin gorgeous brown eyes and straight dark brown hair with blonde streaks lol.

my neice has corkscrew curls her hair is blonde, she is very pale and has blue eyes. weird eh?

JUST A SHORT NOTE

THIS SITE IS THE ONLY PLACE WE CAN BLOW ARE KIDS TRUMPETS SO TO SPEAK.  COS IF WE DONT NOONE ELSE WILL.

hi laine---

blow away, blow away!!

I'm all for telling people how handsome/brilliant/inspiring/fantastic Ben is, and i certainly wouldn't criticise any parent for doing the same... Thing is, none of that stuff has anything to do with his autism, and i think there's enough confusion surrounding that issue anyway! I actually think it's dangerous to make generalisations, either positive or negative - the former because they damage directly, and the latter because they have the potential to reinforce the validity of the former...

Hope you weren't offended

L&P

BD :D

Max (5) is gorgeous, dark brown eyes, and thick dark hair. He's often commented on.

As to whether its linked to his autism, dunno, don't care, just great to sing his praises really. Oh yeh, his Dads gorgeous too (well to me anyway).

Cheers and aint it nice to say good things

Jo

Hi all

My Katy is absolutley beautiful too. She has the bluest eyes and her hair is "cream" coloured.

She is just gorgeous and I have read on this thread of somebody been stopped in the street all the time. That used to happen to me all the time when she was little. I remember once in the bank when katy was 3, a lady came to me in the queue and said she had never in her life seen such a beautiful child. Katy was screwed up in a foetal position by this point because she had been approached.

All our children are beautiful though, inside and out!!!

sharon

I've been looking through old posts trying to find something..still looking *sigh*. Anyway I came across this post and find it very interesting. My son too has always had comments about his eyes as he has the longest eyelashes I've and apparently anyone else has ever seen. His father had fairly long eyelashes too even if he was a git he was a goodlooking one in my opinion - as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However I do get Baddad's point that its not autism related and some kids are lookers and some arent with autism or not. My son is spoiling his good looks with the fact he is a constant thumb sucker and his adult teeth are currently coming in all over the place at funny angles. Anyway I'll get to the point I was wondering if there is a tendancy overall for kids with ASD to be attractive to others because of the symmetry of their faces. I read along time ago about the more symmetrical a face the more attractive to others and I do wonder if children with ASD tend towards symmetrical faces as I believe this could be affected by medical conditions. This I agree could be absolute rubbish and it is just my own wonderings!:)

I was once told it was lucky that Stephen was such a good looking boy as it would help him in the future I have to say I took offence at this on behalf of all people(including my ugly self :P) as looks should not determine how others treat you. Now all kids on the spectrum having beautiful souls sounds more likely and I think it would have to do with the way they view the world through less judgemental eyes.

Lorraine

Tom has got very long eyelashes as well.

L has big brown 'chocolate button' eyes and long thick black eyelashes (he gets the lashes form me and hubby). L has also had comments on how handsome he is. Hubby's theory is that it is a defence mechanism, as we would have battered the granny out of him before now if he wasn't so cute!!

KW

The Boy is gorgeous, but that's cuz he looks like his dad & his dad is gorgeous. How lucky am I??? :D

Hi yes matthew has very long eye lashes lol and people have always commented on them. saying that though all my 3 kids are beautiful!

Hi

My son is a little honey (I know lots of mummies say that, but he is honestly!)! He's got big blue eyes and gorgeous blonde (almost white blonde) hair. Because of that, a lot of people, particular old dearies try to approach him to ruffle his hair. Such a shame because they're well meaning, but this rarely goes down well with Robert. He is usually very hostile towards any touching him, speaking to him, or even looking at him.

Caroline.

I've read lots of medical books over the past few mths and alot of them also say a high percentage of autistic children are very attractive,my dd also has long eyelashes,her eyes are so dark its hard to see her pupils and always having people comment she should be a model!!

I read the RNID deaf group had a 'sexy ears' competiition (!), but best-looking autistic seems a bit iffy (Anyway my lad would walk it, not that I'm biased or anything). :D:D:D:P

Edited by Melow

i think all mums and dads think there kids are stunning.i think what you are getting at is that a lot of kids with autism have a quietness,a angelic innocence and it is somthing to do with the way they look at us.(when they look at us)...lol....and when for me im having odd conversations with my child which happens in the car a lot.like one him and me had a few days ago it went like this....

mum has there ever been a big explosion in Wales with fireworks and gasoline(gasoline said with a american twang)

i said no i dont think so...???

BIG SILENCE

why?? i said

oh i was just wondering he said????

i was watching him in my rear view mirror and he was stareing right at me with huge very serious blue eyes...

i swear im going to crash the car one of these days...

i continued along the road wondering what he was on about me frowning....

then he said what about oil

i said what kind of oil

oil from the sea he said

i said i dont know son...i was trying not to be grumpy

he said i will do a search when i get home on the computer.

and when he got home he spent the rest of the day and following day looking for explosions.oh and bombs

ill end up with the police here at the house.

anyway my child is the best......rofl....... :robbie::robbie::robbie:

love noogsy :lol::lol::lol: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :lol::lol::lol:

One of my sons is blue eyes with strawberry blonde hair. The other one has green eyes and the smiliest, cheeky little face in the world. Dare I say, they take after their gorgeos mum ! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:NOT

Daisydot :blink:

:WOW !! .................Sojourned your gorgeous :wub: ............well my little chappie is a lovely little fella, just like his mum, blonde , blue eyes, size 6 feet looks like a little angel..........reality is a long way off :lol:

Edited by Suze

Sojourned,

you're going to have Aussie chicks falling at your feet!! Australia needs more imported spunks!

Cheers,

Eva

Guest hallyscomet

I think Sojourned looks like an Aussie :lol::lol::notworthy::notworthy::devil:

:)

Glad we cleared that up though, as when I was posting to you about Australia, I was sure I was talking to a girl because of your avatar :o:lol::lol::lol::oops:

H. :)

Edited by hallyscomet

I had a similar thread going a while back.

Both my boys are handsome, very blonde and blue eyed, long eyelashes etc. People are always commenting on how they look. A friend of mine has been using their photo's to sell a camera on QVC, I let them model just for fun but now I have had a couple of offers for paid modelling work. With Asa's ASD I have to decline as it will be too much pressure. I might let the little one do a bit though, because he certainly isn't camera shy.

My eldest who is 5 lost his first tooth on Saturday, so he will be going through that slightly ugly stage for a while :lol:

I would say most of the ASD children I have seen have been quite good looking, and it is usually based on their eyes and length of their eyelashes (especially on boys).

My wee man is gorgeous too!!! I have always thought this. He has perfectly shaped almond eyes which are very blue and he is the one with the long lashes!! When he smiles as well... Oh I am melting!!!!

Carrie

You're going to have Aussie chicks falling at your feet!! Australia needs more imported spunks!

I always said I was unappreciated. Unfortunately my interest in relationships is fairly negligible.

I think Sojourned looks like an Aussie :lol::lol::notworthy::notworthy::devil:

Careful mate, I've barbecued for less than that!

Glad we cleared that up though, as when I was posting to you about Australia, I was sure I was talking to a girl because of your avatar :o:lol::lol::lol::oops:

Nope, she's just most of the reason for the epic voyage. Don't worry though, she's regularly told me I'm more of a woman than she'll ever be, so it's an easy mistake.

Edited by Sojourned

I'll have to agree with the original post completely.

Asperger's People (especially me) are amazingly better looking, as well as extremely more talented, than everyone else in the world.

My boys are really striking too, makes it all the more difficult when we are out and about as now they are teens I can see girls heads turning and it really makes the boys feel uncomfortable it they think people are looking at them.

It's that age old problem though isn't it?......The more normal they look the less tolerant people seem to be. I'm still resisting the urge to tattoo bog off on their heads.