Sign in to follow this  
hev

choosing usernames

Kathryn, I'm intrigued - you'll have to send me a PM so I know the whole story!

L&P

BD

But Baddad, something has been bugging me for the past year and a half:

is it Bad Dad with equal stress on both syllables or Baddad with the stress on the first syllable: as in Badad? Do enlighten and put me out of my misery.

Regarding my name.. er.. that is the whole story actually. :huh: My real name is that of a girl in a nursery rhyme who went up a hill with some dude and met with an unfotunate accident. Can you blame me for changing it??

K x

Hi everyone,

why TEMARU?

My first name is Terry (1st 2 letters TE) my middle name is Matthew (1st 2 letters MA) my surname Rutherford (1st 2 letters RU) hence TEMARU.

I write poetry, and began using the name years ago to sign my stuff with.

Imagine my surprise when about 15 years ago protestors were campaigning against french nuclear testing in the Pacific. The leading campaigner was called Oscar TEMARU! :huh: (small world or what?)

I did a bit of digging and discovered that the name TEMARU is actually used in New Zealand and means 'giver of shelter' or 'the protector'. It is also used on a lot of Japanese ships @ the MARU etc.

So, goes to prove nothing is original.

What about peoples avitars?

Cheers

TEMARU

Well, I'm Ann but everybody calls me Annie........phew, how original is that? :lol:

The avatar - when I was little, the family always used to call me Annie Oakley or Annie, get yer gun. I left the avatar in the hands of Nemo :notworthy: . I can't remember if I told him the Annie Oakley bit, but that's what he came up with :thumbs: . The halo, well I AM an angel ;)

:D

My last avatar was of a Carol Singer thought that was apt for Christmas and it went with my name and preempted all of the Christmas Carol jokes, which were only funny for the first few years of my life.

The avatar I have now I chose because it was almost New Year and people usually raise a glass or two then.

By tomorrow - who knows. I chAnge my avatar like other people change their socks. It's part of my Gemini personality :lol:

Carole

I chose katkin because..... real name is katherine but never used (but I'm not the friend of Kathryn) could never stand to be called "Caff." use kat as it's nearer my used name and kin to the end to provide a bit of something. Don't know why as I am definately not soft and fluffy like the real katkins in the spring. Need a user pseudonym as some of you may know me in the real world and be shocked by my lack of knowledge!!Quite like Kat though might keep it in real life. Love Kat

I used MotherEve on Yahoo when it wouldn't let me have Eve unless i had some unmemorable number after it ... many sites don't let you have a three letter name anyway ... the avatar changes quite a bit depending on what i've just designed or liked recently!

People called me barefoot when I was younger as - guess what? - I used to walk around barefoot as much as poss.

It used to drive my Mum mad as she thought people would think she couldn't afford to buy me shoes.

i guess im boring too. the mel is for melanie, but i hate when people call me melanie cos it reminds me when my dad was cross with me as a kid. it was the only time my name was used in full. i always introduce myself as mel.

My choice of username? A bit obvious - but couldn't put my real name here as it's a 'bit' unusual & I wouldn't want to be recognised by anyone who knows me. :ph34r:

The avatar? Looks peaceful.

A

Mine's pretty geeky really.

Daisy Proudfoot was one of my first ever Dungeons and Dragons characters - a hobbit thief - she's been ressurected many times for many other roleplaying games. She's totally cool, I love her lots :wub:

Daisy

Mum22boys, when I jfirst saw your name I thught you had 22 boys and my DD thought the same whenshe saw it today. :lol:

viper.

Just like others, I use "Gordie" everywhere on-line.

It didn't take much thought, since it was the nickname I used to get called quite often in my school and college days! And that's because my surname is Gordon. :)

See - there's no story there at all. :lol: I really didn't fancy spending hours and hours trying to think of something witty to use, in my early days on-line, when all I really wanted to do was get involved!! :hypno:

James

Regarding my name.. er.. that is the whole story actually. :huh: My real name is that of a girl in a nursery rhyme who went up a hill with some dude and met with an unfotunate accident. Can you blame me for changing it??

K x

:huh::lol:

Well, I'm one of the unimaginative ones and my real name is Jill. I quite like it tho!

Certainly wasn't going to use any of the nicknames I've had in my life, Jellybean, Sputnik, Spadge and the not very original and really hated name that some of my family call me - Jilly -

Hi Jill :)

Are you a genuine Jill or a Jillian? ;)

I have some very good friends (?) who call me Jilly just to wind me up - my pet hate too.

And I have memories of children at junior school who used to think it very droll to greet me with:

"Hello Jill, where's Jack?! ", ALL THE FLIPPIN' TIME!!! :hypno:

K x

Hi Jill,

'Spadge' that really takes me back, people use to call kids this all the time when I was young, it seems to have gone out of fashion, but it's much better than '######' which was another term of affection when I was a kid :unsure:

Still not letting on about my user name :lol:

wac

P.S. isn't 'spadge' slang for sparrow ?

Still looks funny seeing my maiden name on here. It's not that common is it James.

Oh - Gordon's your maiden name, is it, Viper? :blink: Well well well! No wonder we get on so well then. ;)

James

Daisy Proudfoot, I love my first D and D character. her name was Just Eve and she was/is a rouge/theif. I havent played for nearly a year and I miss her! 6th level too. (pop my anorak hood up and pour a weak lemon drink) :D

Im redberry because my AS son said if reincarnation was for real then he thought I would return as a ...red berry!

Apparently for no particular reason.

And the avatar, well thats easy I am a vegetarian shark. OK?

Tee hee this is fun

redberry :party:

Zemanski was an anarchist and a physicist - I was called Zemanski the pixie at college, I used to be very small so there's my mad avatar explained

Nemo is nobody but really he's little nemo, from a hundred year old comic - a real dreamer :wub:

Dot and Com are just the kids and the kind of joke we like - it sort of evolved from Com being 'little dot com' when he was little and fascinated by the computer - he built his own world wide web from K'NEX :lol:

Z

To sojourn is to reside temporarily, my name is a take on that which I felt suited.

It's also homage to the masterpiece album 'Seventh Sojourn' by The Moody Blues.

Edited by Sojourned