Sign in to follow this  
OPooh

CarerQuie - anyone who knows her

I had a text off Kris to say that Rhys is very ill in hospital since the 27th of December. That he has Stephen Johnson Syndrome.

She just rang me to say that he's on the mend but by no means well. He's been very brave and is on morphine. They don't know how long it will be but he is recovering....it could take months. She sends her love to all. His school sent a whole load of get well cards - so that was lovely.

~ ~ ~

I personally had never heard of the syndrome and this is what I've found so far:

What is Stephens Johnson Syndrome?

Stevens Johnson Syndrome is an extreme allergic reaction to chemicals. Common causes include the drugs Arava (leflunomide), some painkillers, and many antibiotics. Unfortunately, Bextra has now been added to the list of chemicals that can cause this potentially life threatening syndrome.

http://www.sjsclaims.com/ <<< another site with info.

Symptoms of Stevens Johnson Syndrome include blistering, fever, coughing, general malaise, swelling and lesions of gums, tongue, or lips, excessive tearing up of, or "stickiness" of, the eyes, and sores in the genital tract that cause painful urination.

Poor lad. Tell them we are thinking of them and hope to see her back soon.

>:D<<'> :wub:>:D<<'>

Viper.

I didn't realise she posted here! :( I responding to the thread on the other board and am sending a card, just haven't got to the shop yet as been up to my neck in it here!

Will let her know next time I speak....am sure your wishes will mean a great deal.

Poor child and poor Mum. Please to hear that he is getting better please give her my best wishes and tell her that I am think about them all.

>:D<<'> Carole

The poor wee scone,

That sounds dreadful, i hope he recovers soon, big >:D<<'> to all.

Oh that is awful! I have never heard of it either but my friends sister is severly illegic to all painkillers and will go into anaphalactic shock if she took them. my friens son is also severly illergic but to many foods.

anyway i know I don't them but I hope Rhys makes a full recovery soon!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> From me too.hope he soon recovers.

A seriouely ill child in hospital is one of the worst feelings in the world.I have aunderstanding and sympathy for what's she is going through,

best Wishes

oh poor boy, i must admit ive never heard of this either, hope hes better soon B)