Tylers-mum

Dreading the Mediation meeting tomorrow.

**UPDATE**

Hi all.

I am sooo sorry for not getting back sooner but it's been chock-a-block here. I did sign in twice yesterday to post and then T was screming or the door/phone went. Grr! :wallbash: LOL

Just come back from the hospital (OT aapointment again) and dropped T at school so finally I can post my update! :D

As most of you predicted, it went well. :thumbs: The first part was to review his CP report which wasn't available so we skipped that and then went onto the issues between the school and I. The Head, SENCO, SNAP rep, EP and HV were all there. The home/school diary was discussed and it is said that T's normal EP was off for a fortnight when it was recommended by a 'relief' EP filling in, that the diary be stopped. His normal EP did state that it was not something that he would have done had he been there (he was off work) and that removing it, should never had taken place nor been recommended. He said that they were to blame for that and that it is now to be reinstated. :thumbs: It was also said that it was around this time that the relationship broke down between myself and the school (too right!) and again, they are to blame for that but it was also mentioned that I had gone to the SENCO and discussed something with her and that a meeting was arranged which i did not attend. WTF! I don't know nor do i remember anything about a meeting. I said that had a meeting been arranged, I'd have been there, I NEVER miss appointments regarding my son but she was adamant a meeting was arranged! Uhh, ok then! :wallbash: I brought up that I wasn't happy about the way the Head spoke to me and also the frowning etc. He said he would not frown anymore but it was said in a joking sense! Hmmm!! B/c it was hard for me to talk to his classteacher and then if I saw the Head, I'd get 'told off' by the classteacher for going behind her back, it was arranged that i now go to the SENCO with ANYTHING that I'm worried about or if anything is concerning me, so in a sense, she is my 'named' point of contact with the school. The Head said that if T has had a bad day, then the cleassteacher would call me in to discuss it with me, I told them that she does do that now but only since the annual review meeting last month.

The Head was being 'extra' nice with me and I actually seen him smile! Shock Horror!! :o .

Still think he's a two faced ***** LOL. As we left the meeting, the HV had me walk to her car with her to collect an orange folder she had for me, she commented 'I don't like your Head, he's an arragant little thing'! :lol:

Anyway, keeping T in school now, just hoping that things improve and continue the way they are now. (things started to improve after the annual review took place).

Thank You all for your messages and good thoughts etc etc. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.

................................................................................

Absolutely dreading it. Don't want to go and my stomach is in knots! :(

It's the meeting arranged at T's annual review to try and improve relations between me and the school (namely the Headteacher and class teacher). The assaults claims (2 in all) that T made against his teacher will also be brought up and the Head knows nothing about these. I really don't want them brought up now cuz it seems like history ya know but my SNAP rep (like IPSEA) says it needs to be raised and sorted! :crying:

I'd do ANYTHING to get out of this meeting. :(

Edited by Tylers-mum

The thing is the meeting is a chance to clear the air, put the past behind you all and move on, hopefully in a more positive manner. As for not wanting to go I can understand that. Whenever I am faced with a situation I don't want to face I just imagine that the important thing that day is the 6 O'clock news or Eastenders, something that will happen AFTER...anything but the meeting. Make anything else of secondary importance and focus on whatever you have picked. It works for me.

Thanks both. :)

Phas, I'll try that one! My mind is too stubborn though and if something's worrying me, it'll constantly play on my mind and no amount of cleaning or distraction will ease that! :( But hey, anything's worth a shot eh! ;)

Oh TM - it is horrible - but imagine them with no clothes on - makes them less intimidating - if they are old and wrinkled it may remind you that you have to catch up on the ironing! :devil: Also remember, this is the career that they chose - they have to take some flak - they trained for it. :ph34r:

Thanks all. (((HUGS)))) It means a lot to know I have friends here I can rely on. :)

Helen, your post made me fall about laughing! If I laugh out load at this meeting whilst looking at the Head, then I'll know whom to blame! :P

LOL

Good luck today TM. Know how you fee. I feel sick before going in to meetings :sick: Somrtimes wish I could have a phone link to Phasmid, annie or others on here would feel so much better :)

Thanks guys. Just signed on here for an hour before I start getting myself ready. Got until 10am to sit and chill and then the meeting is at 11am.

Will post back after it, if I'm still in one piece! ;)

TM x (with a heart beating 25 to the dozen).

Hi >:D<<'> i hope it goes ok. I absolutly dread meetings, (im not good with face to face things) But even more so if there is something you are not looking forward to, When you get back, Have a cuppa and chill for a while. Many >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Shaz

x

I,m terrible at meetings have a complete lack of confidence so I know that stomach in knots feeling, hope it goes well TM >:D<<'> Suzex.

I know exactly how you feel. I always start off at meetings feeling well prepared and have a history of ending up a sobbing wreck. I recently had a mediation meeting with the LEA officer and someone from PP. Like you I was absolutely dreading it. However, it went really well and the rep from PP was marvellous. It worked in both our favour at the end, in that the LEA and schools are granting us what we are asking for, and we have decided not to go to tribunal at this stage. So for us, mediation was succesful even though I didn't think it could possibly be.

Hope this makes sense!!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I really feel for you. Good luck. And most of all glean strength by remembering why you are there.

Lauren

Been keeping my fingers crossed for you today!!!!Hope all is well!

Glad to hear you were pleased with the result.

Your HT sounds like an arrogant wotsit though.

Lauren

TM - what's OP? I can't seem to find the update :( Hope it went ok though ... :)

AAAAH - you mean the bit at the top ! :hypno::wacko: Forget the top bit of this reply! :whistle:

Edited by MotherEve

TM - what's OP? I can't seem to find the update :( Hope it went ok though ... :)

AAAAH - you mean the bit at the top ! :hypno::wacko: Forget the top bit of this reply! :whistle:

:lol: That put a huge smile on my face!!! :lol:

Thanks MotherEve! :thumbs:

Tylers - mum,

Well done you! :clap::thumbs:

I bet you're relieved that's over. I hope things carry on getting better and better,

K