TheNeil

I GOT A(NOTHER) NEW JOB!!!!

Just in case anyone cares, following from my work problems, 'nasty' firms, Draconian work regulations etc., things have happened.

Went to the second interview yesterday with the 'nice' people. Wasn't happy with it as I didn't think I done very well but, they offered me the job this morning :dance:

Weird thing is, I didn't take it :huh:

Before I was offered the 'nice' job I was on interview at another firm (yes, I've been busy) and they were fantastic people, I had a 'buzz' when I walked out and they offered me the job within 30 minutes of leaving. OK the cash isn't quite so good (still a �3,000 payrise on what I'm on now though :o ) but it's a lot better long term role, is a multinational firm (head office in the US and all major training happens stateside so maybe some more free holidays for me), the people who interviewed me were loony tune Americans who seemed to get 'the Neil way', there was no dress code, no restrictions on haircuts and no anally retentive rules and regulations. As if that wasn't enough, my new boss is called 'Eduardo' - how can anyone pass up a chance to work for someone called 'Eduardo'? I immediately said 'yes' :thumbs:

I keep walking around with a moronic grin on my face (I'll be honest, this is a lot better than being on anti-depressants), seem to be feeling something called 'happiness' and am actually excited about it rather than terrified :dance:

Oh wow, TN, that's fantastic news, brilliant, well done!! :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::clap: Not surprised you're over the moon, being so much in demand. That must make you feel so great to know that three jobs have been offered to you and you can take your pick!!

Very pleased for you, mate, bravo!! When do you start?? >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hi,

Many Congrats to you :thumbs: Hope all goes well and you enjoy your new job.

Well done mate,

Best Wishes

Rach x

You see? You see? You miserable old bl**dy pessimist, you!

Really, really chuffed to bits for you, Neil. Not only do you have a new job and a cheery hat on (and a boss called Eduardo), but you're also a published author :notworthy:

Wattaguy!

Karen

x

Well done dude, TNT strikes again :lol:

I presume you only got the job cos of taking your housebrick along this time though? :P

I'm glad your feeling happier, just save me some bloomin chocolate eh you fat bloater :lol:;):D

Emily

xxx

Congratulations! Though "Eduardo" sounds a bit mafioso to me. B) If he says that his friends call him "Lucky Eddie" or "Nice Guy Eddie" you may have to rethink your plans but apart from that it sounds great! :clap:

As if that wasn't enough, my new boss is called 'Eduardo' - how can anyone pass up a chance to work for someone called 'Eduardo'? I immediately said 'yes' :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol: I totally agree! I once took a job because the boss was called Basil and then he introduced me to an imployee called Manuel (Manwell).... I kid you not!!!! :lol:

Congratulations TN.... hope the job goes well...Americans are great to work for... They want their pound of flesh but are great for paying expenses and giving perks.

Flo' :D

Really glad things came through for you. You deserve it. Also glad that you are now feeling really happy. Hopefully this will make up for the last few days when you've seemed a bit down. All the best, David.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Well done you! :thumbs::thumbs:

Extra 3 grand a year? Not to be sniffed at, is it? Better slightly less of a pay hike and the right' feel' than more money and a load of this: :unsure::unsure:

Very best

BD :D

congratulations on getting your job :party: .see i told you the right job was there :dance: ....fantastic news enjoy your high and being happy..... :D:band:,love noogsyxxxx

Nice one!!! hope its everything youv'e wanted and more, so nice to hear you on a high, the previous uncertainty must have been difficult for you.

:dance::clap::thumbs: That is absolutely fantastic news! CONGRATULATIONS!

so, how are you planning to "say farewell" to your current collegues? :ph34r:

When do you start?

Anna x

YEEEAAAAHHHHH,

Really pleased for you. Well done for getting through the interviews and getting so many offers................oh you're going to be sooo big headed when we have the meet up. Seriously its great to know that things are going your way now YIPPPEEEEE >:D<<'> >:D<<'> thats another double vodka you owe me :lol:

SV

Jobs... just like buses, nothing for ages, then three come along at once... :rolleyes:

Congratulations! :thumbs::thumbs:

K x

so, how are you planning to "say farewell" to your current collegues? :ph34r:

I was planning to not say anything (I know that might sound 'nasty' but I wanted to avoid any awkward situations or questions such as 'Why are you leaving?')(besides which they've ignored me for pretty much 2 years so it's 'payback' time)...

But my ever considerate boss went and emailed the whole company yesterday (while I wasn't in) telling everyone that I'd be leaving a week today (March 15th)(does mean that I get a two week holiday before I have to start at the new place)(yes, it's a hard life). Amazingly two people (out of over 100) emailed back to say that they were sorry I was going. One person was genuine (I think) but the other was (I think)(again) being typically two-faced. Neither of them was from my department...what a fantastic surprise :devil:

thats another double vodka you owe me :lol:

Do you think it would save a lot of time if we had the next Newcastle meet-up in an off license? Somehow I seem to have ended up owing you about 8 drinks :lol: