pookie170

The Batcave

especially since Suze's silicone enhanced chest were involved  :fight:  One by one the girlies gradually snuggled down to bed in the Bat bedroom, bruises now carefully greased with Sudocrem which they managed to retrieve from the Judge  :whistle:

erm..... if the judges ' tackle' disappeared. have you checked to see if your umm bruised bits are still there suze?

:o ................sadly Suze,s ....."you know whats "were never really there in the first place :oops: . Super-hero Suze,s silicone hypnotisers are part of a BOG OFF pack bought at Super-heroes R us. They actually strap on :rolleyes: , .....does any one fancy a retail shopping trip to Super-heroes R us today????...........Legs could do with some more woolly support tights now the weathers getting chilly. Mel definitely needs new gear ....bin bag :shame: ...getting way too smelly :sick: , and I fancy treating myelf to one of those new re-inforced steel bra,s that fire out peanut pellets from the n*pple area B) ............ Judgey pudgey boy could do with a new Cod piece and cummerbund, the elastic on his last one split last night during his rendition of Tom Jones Sex Bomb :lol:

"Did someone just mention Super-heroes R us"? pipes up Legs (not actually pipes up Legs) :blink: . "I'll just get my Bat-cape, :bat: I wouldn't mind trying some of those new thermostatically-heated fishnets, woolly support tights are soooooo last winter" :shame: . "on the way back", says Suze, shopping list in hand, "we'd better pop into Super-hero-mart :ninja::bat: and get some more supplies for the Bat supply cupboard..........Pinot.........Herb Nerbs........black jacks........fruit salads........and some Pledge for CB, he's down to his last box, it'll be all gone by tomorrow night........you know what he's like without his Pledge :wallbash::angry: .

:dance: ...nice one Legs :thumbs: ....I love black jacks and fruit salads.....might get some Haribo star mix and a few marsh mallow flumps too........the rumours I have a mouthful of rotten teeth are untrue :shame:

I sometimes go to a wholesalers near us...........can you believe it? each time I pass through the sweet isle the same 3 boxes keeping falling in my trolley........Black Jacks........Fruit Salads.........and Refresher Bars............it's really spooky :o ............and each time I NEVER notice until I get home and unload the car........so I just have to keep them :thumbs: I can't waste all that petrol taking them back now can I? :shame:;):lol::lol:

All my favourites! Even better none of my kids like them :devil: Which means when I get one of those multi-packs I get to have all the best ones while they have the horrible sherberty things B)

:o:o:rolleyes: ...................can,t believe it you like refreshers tooo????............the blue ones or pink ones???? and in flat form or small rectangle form. The factory that makes them is,nt far from me and my best friend(guess why) at schools dad worked there she always had tons going spare :thumbs: Have to stop on the way home from school now and stock up occasionally when I feel the need.In fact I had a severe craving for them while pregnant.....wonder if sherbert overdosing is related to ASD,s???

Can anyone remember when they brought out those fizzy chewits? They were similar to refresher chews only without the sherbert inside and they were..well chewits :unsure:

Yep.....used to make my eyes go :wacko: ......when I was a wee lass I used to like fizz bombs....rather large sweet that exploded on the tongue :blink: . Who remembers mojo,s ?...........pacers?.........texan bars??.......toffo,s???.........

You're so lucky Lauren...hubby, me and our boys ALL like them. I'm running out of places to hide them..........note to self : hide sweets in cupboard under sink (with cleaning stuff in).....they'll NEVER think to look in there :rolleyes:

Suze - Any shape or size will do for me, now now Badders :shame: , we're talking Refreshers my dear man. Sherbet overdosing related to ASDs.........I love sherbet.........sherbet fountains......flying saucers.......mmmmmm...... :oops: I'm beginning to sounds like Homer Simpson and doughnuts :whistle:

Sounds like a over-worked multi-tasking mum memory relapse Mel...tea and hobber nobbers should do the trick B) ......Spangles............completely forgotten about them.Anyone remember golden nuggets (not the cereal)...a little sack pouch filled with yellow coated nuggety bubble gum?...........what about cherry lips and floral gums loved hem too!..............ooh love nostalgia trips :thumbs: ...did anyone ever have liquorice sticks...the proper stuff a twig that you chewed for hours on end.....proper liquorice not your black stuff :)

just found a stall on the market in Leeds does all this stuff, even bettabars (caramel rice crispies) and Old Gold (coconut tobacco coated in wonderful crispy sugary stuff.

mmmmmmm.......

zemanski

Or Jamaican Gold - coconut strands in a sweet brown coating and sold in little pouches to look like pipe tobacco :o

How unPC is that? :devil:

Despite it being in Zemanski's name, I posted that one (seems only fair as she does it the other way round all the time)...

I've been looking for this stuff for over 30 years now :blink: and other than getting tobacconists all dewey-eyed and nostalgic I've got nowhere.

Then Z finds some and tells you lot, but not me :crying:

Right, I'm off to the broom cupboard for a nice chilled glass of Brasso :wacko:

the real slim(ish) Nemo

ooooh those cherry lips, i loved those...anyone remember rainbow drops? mint imperials? parma violets? eeeeeeeeeeh them were t'days, when sherbet fountains were bigger than they are now and 20p used to buy you 20 chocolate mice and 50p would buy you a magazine and can of pop lol....off she drones............

eeeeeeeeeeh them were t'days, when sherbet fountains were bigger than they are now

And everlasting strips did last forever, and curly wurly's were so big you could climb up 'em to clean your upstairs windows... WAGON Wheels like dustbin lids and NO! it wasn't just because your hand was smaller. Golden Jamaica coconut baccy was the the most fantastic sweet ever, bang on Nemo... For the grown ups, there was this thing called a NUTTY bar, a solid truncheon of fudge, covered on the outside with peanuts... Lord Toffingham lollies had a soft toffee centre, and 'count draculas' had a blood red jelly centre. I knew a girl who'd do anything for a double decker (the chocolate bar, dumkopf! Not one of the kids from the BBC kids series). She was very popular. Funny feet, anyone? Amazin bars ("It's amazin wot raisins can do...full of goodness and it's all for you...) anyone? Aztec bars? Fussels milk sandwiches?? God ! we had healthy childhoods, didn't we? :sick:

Where was Jamie Oliver then? And school dinners...Jam roly poly pudding with custard! Gypsy tart and 'shaving cream' (and half an apple to clean your teeth with!) SPOTTED DICK (but that's a different story ;) )

Over to you, girls... :D

Oh, and the half-penny black jacks - tasted like the inside of the coal bunker :sick: - but they made your teeth go black B) . Was it just me, or did everyones mum make shepherds pie of a saturday - and if you were REALLY good :D - she'd wheel it into the lounge on one of those 'orrible gold trolley things ........... no matter how much i begged - she refused to let me tie the dogs lead to the front of it and race down the road :blink: ..............

No Jamie Oliver in our day, bl**dy Fanny Craddock and Johnny.

Now making it's second appearance in the batcave, Johnny's famed 'live broadcast' ######-up...

And anyone at home who's decided to try our doughnut recipe; well we hope they come out looking just like Fanny's...

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and the half-penny black jacks - tasted like the inside of the coal bunker :sick: - but they made your teeth go black B) . Was it just me, or did everyones mum make shepherds pie of a saturday - and if you were REALLY good :D - she'd wheel it into the lounge on one of those 'orrible gold trolley things ........... no matter how much i begged - she refused to let me tie the dogs lead to the front of it and race down the road :blink: ..............

Saturday nights were 'High Tea', 'cos me auntie nancy used to come and visit...

You had to eat at least three slices of bread before you were allowed a crack at the cakes: Penny wafers (yeuch), Caramel wafers (yeuch) Matlows chocolate marshmallow teacakes (Yippee) or home made jam tarts (not as good as the mallows, but better than the other two). Of course, you didn't get all of them, just the one packet per week in strict rotation...

If dad was feeling particularly nasty he'd force us to eat a pilchard before we got down from the table... miserable b*****d! Used to try and finish before Juke Box Jury did so we'd be back in the front room for the start of doctor who... Diddly dum, diddly dum, diddly dum diddly diddley...

Not to be confused with 'Diddly Dum, Diddly Dee' which was 'Hoppity'... Vision on ('moonglow') Cracker Jack... The pinguins (any of you newbies remember the pinguins? The last time I mentioned them I was accused of hallucinating!)...

Ah......Those were the days ;)

Graham Kerr was the next one, wasn't he?

Just a little slurp...

For some obscure reason, I can still remember a joke he told (I must have been about six at the time, which shows my amazing powers of memory... a very poor joke by Graham Kerr remembered almost word for word. 7 Times Table - where's me calculator :lol::lol: ) The puncline was 'A furry with a syringe on top". Years later i made up my own variant about a girl with no knickers in a snow drift... a flurry with a... ... ... ... ... It was much funnier ;)

He was a for runner of Stretch Armstrong - everything extended (oooooooh Matron! ;) )! He was on around the same time as 'Torchy the battery boy'. Tales from the Riverbank, Animal Magic, ahhhhhh if only, if only.......hmmmmmmmm

N'night, sleep tight...

I remember all of them... though never heard of the penguins :unsure: Only penguins I remember was that really irritating advert..... Pick up a penguin

Hey you lot, dont want to get you too excited but, Texan bars are out again, I went in the shop with my son to get his sweets when I spotted the box on the counter,

I squealed rather loudly 'oooh, Texan bars, I used to have those', then I realised that the cashier was giving me a strange look :wacko: so I quickly bought four and pretended they were for the kids :lol::lol::lol:

It says on the wrapper 'blast from the past', oooh heaven, I wish they would bring back some of the old crisps, Ringos, Rancheros, Bones, Fangs, oooh I'm drooling. :whistle:

Brook

Badders,

Check this out

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/home.htm

Memories or what  :lol:

Sorry, hun -

rewound a bit too far for me there! The fifties???? I wasn't even a twinkle!, mind you, the first telly i remember was probably a fifties model... was about the size of a bungalow with a four inch b&w screen. The screen was SO small, that when they showed 'snow white and the seven dwarfs' at Christmas we only got to see dopey and the castle damp course...

Lauren, it wasn't the PENGUINS, it was the PINGUINS (or maybe 'pingwings') it was an Oliver Post stop frame thing with little knitted penguins chasing all over a field... you couldn't see them: just the grass moving. They were always going to get milk from the farmers cow with a little tin bucket. Can't imagine what penguins did with cows milk? Pilchard yoghurt maybe? Type pinguins in the search engine - I've been spreading the word on this for AGES :lol:

Never rated c'pn pugwash, I'm afraid (and seaman staines is a myth!) - i was more of an Ivor/Noggin fan, but my real faves were Secret Squirrel (pronounced 'squirl' in americanese)/Squiddly Diddly/Atom Ant/Deputy Dawg era (what happen?what happen? Coo whee Musky!)

ENOUGH!! Nurse, bring me my medication and a warm blanket... i'm off to bed before the tremors start...

L&P

BD :D

Anyone know where to find the infamous 'Rainbow' episode ?

Am going to scuttle quickly out of the batcave before anyone notices...

I think this topic should be shared with the whole forum, we all like a nostalgia trip,

wac

would rather forget the dreaded 'flies cemetary' pud offered at school :sick:

i hated that, ours used to come with custard that you could chew. does anyone remember the awful dried up chocolate cake that used to come with green custard?

and talking about t.v. does anyone remember magpie? noel edmunds saturday swap shop...and playschool? jackanory?

Mel, don't remember the green custard but the crunchy chocolate cake I do! Also, BLAMANCHE (probably spelt wrong) Pink custarday stuff that tasted of chemicals :sick: