JenRose

THEY SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LEA have agreed to name the independent school on part 4

He starts in september!!!

2 YEARS of fighting them and finally he is going to school, i cant believe it.

My IPSEA rep asked me how i felt when we came out of the meeting and i burst into tears.

I cant explain how happy we all are.

We phoned M at home and he screamed YEESSSSSSSSS down the phone, my mum and my sisters and my nieces have all been crying, we are so happy.

I will post more about what happened cos there were a couple of arguments, some so pathetic they will make you LOL, but im making pizza for my family and icing Ms, promised Simpsons cake.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big lump in my throat reading the news, well done you for fighting so long & hard, hope it is everything you dreamed of.

Enjoy your celebration!

Jen that is fantastic news :thumbs::clap:

You've had one hell of a long slog, but refused to back down and now you can all celebrate :notworthy: It was not too long ago that they even refused to assess!!!!

Well done

Flora :dance:

Great news JenRose :thumbs::clap: .

Hope you're going to have a nice glass of something with that pizza to celebrate, you deserve it!.

Annie

xx

Fantastic news, JenRose. :thumbs: You really should be proud of your achievement, you've fought on long and brave and have come out victorious!! Well done you! :clap::notworthy::notworthy:

~ Mel ~

M is sat with dd and my niece and the kids next door on the trampoline and they are all eating pizza!!!!!

he.s telling everyone he sees!!!!

The meeting was a bit tense in times, with the manager accusing me of deschooling M and letting him lounge about he house all day

She started telling me all about PDD and i said yes i know I HAVE IT and she still carried on, she said they wouldnt name his dx of AS cos our psych wasnt from CAMHS and IPSEA lady said, erm im not sure that you are allowed to do that, ill check with our legal dept, she tried saying that we didnt need certain wording ie DS needs help with toileting and self care, so IPSEA shot her down and said "your own Ed Psych and OT have recommended that he DOES need support around toileting and dressing/undressing with PE" so she backed down, she said she didnt feel we needed wording regarding his sensory difficulties, again she quoted her own ed psych and OT back at her.

At one point she shouted at me "Jen you cannot have it both, you cannot have a special independent school named AND the wording of your choice" and my IPSEA rep said "why not, other children have it, why not M,s statement"?

she asked us to withdraw our tribunal and our rep said well when we receive the ammended statement thats something we shall consider.

She has agreed to name the school.

keep most of the wording in the statement

but she wont budge about his dx of AS, but my IPSEA rep has said she will check it out with the legal dept and let me know where we stand.

so it was a good result, although she was very snobby and not happy at having to do this as this is not her area, but cos we complained to the boss of the council she was brought in.

so i know who to go for when we run into trouble with R,s statement!!!!!!!

When i think back to 2 years ago, when we were being threatened by EWO,s and accused of making up symptoms and M wouldnt talk, eat or come out of his bedroom for months and we have come so far and he,s so excited about going back to school, its just amazing it really is, im so glad i never gave up cos there were many times when i thought sod it, i cant do this anymore but i couldnt give up on M.

First this is fantastic news and well deserved after all this fighting and struggle.

But how intimidating she was, I am not too surprised tho; it just shows how MEAN some people are they refuse to let go and accept their mistakes.. I am very glad you stood up and did not budge and it is great to have such support from your rep.

I suggest joining M in the trampoline having a water fight (if it is not raining where you are)... :jester: :jester:

Lots and lots of love and all best wishes that this school is the best for M and his needs.

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'>

Pragmatic

If they produce a statement with everything as you want but leaving out dx of AS you have won but dont withdraw the appeal-,IMO- as you can still proceed and should get the correct wording- we did and LEA backed down near the tribunal. Best to get the wording as you want. If its just about the dx it may have an impact later. I do wonder why these lea types are like this - they seem to want their little victory

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Wonderful news! I have a lump in my throat after reading this thread, I know for such a long time hardly a week has gone by when you haven't had some kind of hassle from the LEA over all this.

Well done to you and your rep :notworthy: - and I would be interested to hear what the verdict is about the legitimacy of the ASD dx.

It must feel strange to have all that weight lifted from your shoulders - enjoy the celebration. :dance:

K x

That really is brilliant news :D :D :D :D

it just shows that persistance pays off in the end, well done to all of you :D

Sorry dont mean to take over thread but could someone tell me 'Independent school' would that be any independent or ASD specific. thx

Don't know your full story but can tell even from this thread that you have had a fight and a half.

Well done for holding on to the end and getting what you want and your son needs. It is worth all the tears and sleepless nights when you finally win.

Louise