Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Back from dx appointment.

I honestly don't know what to say or do! I'm crying, numb and emotionally drained.

Will post more later about what was said and what needs to be done. Can't get my head round things at the moment and my fingers aren't typing what I'm telling em to type. :wallbash:

My son was diagnosed High Functioning Autistic today. His regular Pead admitted she was wrong and said that I was right all along!

It's a tough time in the immediate aftermath of a diagnosis, and the emotional roller-coaster ride isn't helped by the amount you have had to go through to get to this stage.

My first instinct is that it is good news in the sense that you know all along he was Autistic and the Pediatrician has admited you were right along, which they don't always do. To have come away from the meeting with the diagnosis issue still unresolved would have been a disaster.

But it is always a shock when your child is formally diagnosed, and I'ts perfectly normal to feel upset and overwhelmed by it all. As others have said, we're all here for you when you need us.

Simon

Oh wish I could give you a hug. :( Take your time, one way or another whatever the outcome of todays meeting, you were going to be upset, you,ve reached the finish line in a sense, but there is,nt a medal(well there is spose cos your a super mum :wub: )................come back to us when your fingers are feeling better....Suzex. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ....thats a BIG HUG.

Guest flutter

u are sucha good mother with brilliant instincts

take time grieve rage and cry dont forget to laugh too cos that is what this life is all about >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Think most of us have been there, mixed feelings which turn your brain to jelly. Take your time and remember we're here when you need us

TM >:D<<'>

I'm sorry that I haven't posted until now, I haven't been able to access the Internet. I've been thinking of you and of T, all of yesterday and today and wondering what the outcome of your appointment would be.

Now you have the answer that you've waited so long for, I hope you're feeling a little better today, take care, Helen xx (((((hugs)))))

Guest hallyscomet

I totally agree

[/code]you are going to feel everyone of these

and while you are there I agree perhaps a few of these

:wine::wine:

and remember we are all here for you

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hailey