justamom

Whats your favourite movie

Following on from Kathryns thread about fav ......

Whats your favourite movie?????

Mine is :- One flew over the cuckoos nest - love that film

E.T.

Grease.....could watch it time and time again!

or if i fancy a cry, indecent proposal :crying::crying:

Ooh this is too much.........

There are just too many to mention....................

Anything b & w - especially James Stewart or John Mills - and then any musical.

Jb.

....................(just a pity I don't have enough time to enjoy a movie any more!!)>

Do you think I might have a problem, I really struggle to think of a favourite movie, song or person

so no favourite movies for me :crying:

Edited by tabz2711

The Steve Martin film "All of me" is sheer genius dating from before he went all soppy, and I never get bored with the Blues Brothers.

Simon

I love many but 1 of my all time faves is "The Champ" even though i :crying: all the way through it!

Its a wonderful life. :)

Ditto

Also Shawshank Redemption and O Brother Where Art Thou.

Sorry, I'll have to go now. There are two sparrows 'at it' on my garden fence and it's very hard to concentrate...

Karen

x

The last snows of spring. It's a foreign film (italian I think) about a boy dying of cancer and his last wish. It is heart breaking :crying:

Sadly I also like The wizard of Oz. I did the play at school and love to sing along (when Bens in bed)

OOhh and Joseph and his amazing technicolour dream coat. Did that play at school too, another one to sing along with.

Edited by Viper

I have loads of 'favourites', but I'd like to see again 'Life according to Garp' as I haven't seen it for years and it's fab, and Forest Gump is another one I want to see again. One of the films that made me laugh more than anything but I've now seen it too many times was 'Planes, trains and automobiles' with Steve Martin and whathisname. I like most movies with Tom Hanks and Robin Williams. But I don't have a favourite film as such, there are too many that I've enjoyed. I got a freebie of 'Hideous Kinky' out of a Sunday newspaper a couple of weeks ago, that was quite good but not something I'd particularly watch again. The original Omen movies were good too and The Godfather!!! See it's impossible to pick a favourite, there are sooo many good ones.

Lauren

I can't remember the last time I watched a movie all the way through.

I am so cream crackered by the time I ever actually sit down long enough to watch anything, I doze off and miss the end. Do it every time.

Saw the first bit of Pirates of the Carribean the other day, that looked pretty good, fell asleep during the middle bit then saw the end which also looked pretty good.

:wacko:

Daisydot

I love Dirty Dancing, Grease, Pretty Woman, and Betty Davis films and all the old musicals, Mary Poppins, Oklahoma, Sound of Music, the King and I, Gone with the Wind and Top Gun.

I can't remember the last time I watched a movie all the way through.

I am so cream crackered by the time I ever actually sit down long enough to watch anything, I doze off and miss the end. Do it every time.

Saw the first bit of Pirates of the Carribean the other day, that looked pretty good, fell asleep during the middle bit then saw the end which also looked pretty good.

:wacko:

Daisydot

Yeah, Pirates of the Caribean, I forgot about that :thumbs: Fantastic film, can't wait to go and see the new one... and Johnny Depp :wub::wub:

Yeah, Pirates of the Caribean, I forgot about that :thumbs: Fantastic film, can't wait to go and see the new one... and Johnny Depp :wub::wub:

Mmm, even Jonny Depp in a pirate outfit cant keep me awake ! :hypno: I love shrek and Toy Story too (make me laugh, must be my juvenille sense of humour).

I loved Gladiator, Titanic , El Zorro :bat: and I also think I liked the Chronicles of Narnia but I'll have to watch it again because DS had a meltdown in the second half...

Curra

I loved Narnia too, and the Harry Potters. Enjoyed Shrek 2 :D Like a couple with Nicolas Cage in, City of Angels :crying: and Family Man :wub: Loved Ghost, Billy Elliot, Notting Hill, What Lies Beneath, Sixth Sense, Cold Mountain oohhh Jude Law :wub::wub: ....can't wait for the new Pirates either :D

My fave movies would change depending on mood, but I LIKE the early Steve Martins for comedy (The jerk/Man with two brains...) But please take out the 'speeded up' bits :( . Yes to One flew over the cuckoos nests, and forgot to mention that in fave books too...

Breakfast at Tiffany's for AH.

I really like 'Gross Pointe Blank' - John Cussack is brilliant but his sisters are even better! (You Do NOT!!!) The whole family are completely nuts, and all the more watchable for it - and 'High Fidelity'...

Groundhog day

Pulp Fiction/Reservoir dogs

To Kill A Mockingbird (again)

Whatever happened to baby Jane

Music Video - Stop Making Sense (talking heads) BIG SUIT!

Oh blige, so many...

I've another idea now for another thread, but will wait until this and the books one peter out!

L&P

BD :D

Oh yes, I forgot Ground Hog day. I bought that on ebay for the kids to watch and William laughs so much I hardly no whether I'm laughing at him or the film. Especially love the bits when he kills himself over and over... :lol:

Lauren

I love many of the films already mentioned, like Man with 2 Brains, Groundhog Day and Shawshank Redemption. My all time favourites would have to be those I can watch over and over again and get something new each time. Up there in no particular order are:

Truly Madly Deeply - I think Juliet Stevenson is absolutely brilliant. I have to watch it alone - I always cry!

Dead Poets' Society

Peter's Friends - a film that didn't get much recognition but it's funny and moving and has great performances by Emma Thompson, Kenneth Branagh, Stephen Fry et al.

Secrets and Lies

Lost in Translation

Stand By Me

For sheer comedy - Airplane - "Don't call me Shirley" etc. :)

K x

Guest hallyscomet

Too many to mention

Notting Hill , Pretty Woman Titanic & Groundhog Day, especially when she was saying what she really wanted in a life partner and each time he kept going back over and over to be that person she was dreaming

Four weddings & a Funeral ###### ###### ###### :lol:

Prince of Egypt & Lion King just watching my children take them in was beautiful.

Sleepless in Seattle Love those mushy films. Chick flicks I think most men call them.

Forest Gump Tom Hanks was excellent in that film.

Love all Adam Sandlers films especially Mr Deeds & Hot Chick with Rob Schneider where he becomes a female, hilarious & Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis & Lindsay Lohan love most comedy's

H. :)

Edited by hallyscomet

Just remembered another one - Being John Malkovich for sheer weirdness. It always makes me laugh my socks off.

Karen

x

So long since I watched anything other than Monsters Inc ... :lol::lol::lol:

Give me a chick flick and a box of tissues any time!

Love Groundhog Day and most of the Meg Ryan ones like You've got mail etc

Beethoven was good too - I'm an animal softie too :)

i love Dirty Dancing and all the Harry Potters i also love (really sad i know) Home Alone it reminds me of when i was a kid!!!

I also love the old war films The Great Escape with Steve McQueen :wub: , All Quiet in the Western Front and the "new" ones, Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List. My favorite comedy is on TV: Keeping up Appearances: (it reminds me a lot of a relative :lol: ) but I'd love to watch The Pink Panther again (with Peter Sellers and David Niven).

James Bond Films: Dr No, From Russia with Love and Goldfinger. I must have seen them 2 or 3 times so I need to include them as my faves too.

C.

I really love watching films.........could spend a life time doing it.

Childhood film: Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Oldie:Romeo and Juliet...........franco Zefferellis version.

Classic:Tess.........of the d,urbervilles with the lovely Natassia Kinski.

Comedy:There,s something about mary.........love the teeth.......the dog..........thought matt dillon was brill in it :lol: .

Horror:........it,s got to be The Omen............scary kid :ph34r: .

Fantasy:Legend.........with a very young tom cruise before he had his teeth done......a brilliant film, loved the sound track(Bryan Ferry)..........Tim Curry ..........who I fancy..(ever since I saw him in a basque in rocky horror) :huh: .

Teen movie.........think it was called Rumble fish.........with all the brat packers.........I,d love to see this film again I loved it in my teens ......think I may try Amazon ...................

Well possibly not my favourite movie..........but I didnt want to start a new thread.

I've just been to see Pan's Labyrinth. If you get the chance go and see it. BRILLIANT if you love fairy tales.

Its spanish with english subtitles but thats not a problem as its such a visual film :notworthy:

SV

Comes down to two in my head:

The Empire Strikes Back

The Bride of Frankenstein

Bet no one's even seen the second one though

The Champ - ooooh remember watching that as a child and crying - a lovely film!

Also Kramer vs Kramer - always makes me cry though and I can never resist Grease or Top Gun when they come on the telly!

Lots of the others that have been mentioned earlier too and I am a bit of a sucker for a good Disney movie - cant remember if that is before or since I had the kids!! I still remember Toy Story word for word!

I have a few favourites depending on my mood. Lately it has been Hedwig and the angry inch, quadrophenia, velvet goldmine and tommy. :thumbs: I miss Brighton when I watch quadrophenia though.

Okay...a bit surprising for my age but i grew up....i mean was positively weaned on the old movies...bette davies,joan crawford,babs stanwick etc....my fav all time star was bette davis and i guess my fav film is "little foxes"...a superb masterpiece and all about the greed and avarice of NT specimens!!!! lol...I must add i do like tom hanks and any film he's in. And roman polanski's The Pianist is my fav modern film...maria x

My fave movies would change depending on mood, but I LIKE the early Steve Martins for comedy (The jerk/Man with two brains...) But please take out the 'speeded up' bits :( . Yes to One flew over the cuckoos nests, and forgot to mention that in fave books too...

Breakfast at Tiffany's for AH.

I really like 'Gross Pointe Blank' - John Cussack is brilliant but his sisters are even better! (You Do NOT!!!) The whole family are completely nuts, and all the more watchable for it - and 'High Fidelity'...

Groundhog day

Pulp Fiction/Reservoir dogs

To Kill A Mockingbird (again)

Whatever happened to baby Jane

Music Video - Stop Making Sense (talking heads) BIG SUIT!

Oh blige, so many...

I've another idea now for another thread, but will wait until this and the books one peter out!

L&P

BD :D

...couldnt agree more...have just posted my favs but after seeing your post...have to add..my beloved steve martin..my fav is with him and mickael cane...dirty rotten scoundrells...what a cracker...so funny.....and yes..mockingbird..with gregory peck..so brooding and malevolent....ahh...and for my whicked sense of humour...the baby jane fiasco...deliciously hysterical...maria

i Love all the rocky films,karate kid,beaches.SUPERGIRL!!! :thumbs: Flight of the navigator(reminds me of when i was a child :rolleyes: ).i watched pursuit to happiness the other day and it was excellent.

The Green Mile.

Working Girl.

Sabrina, Roman Holiday.(Audrey hepburn)

Summer holiday (the one with Cliff and the big red bus)

the never ending story

The Wild Geese.

This is a bit of an eclectic mix, but It depends on the mood I'm in.

Harmony.

Comes down to two in my head:

The Empire Strikes Back

The Bride of Frankenstein

Bet no one's even seen the second one though

I have :thumbs:

If I have to pick one film ...

its got to be Witness. Harrison Ford in his prime :wub:

The barn raising scene when he did real carpentry cos he was a real carpenter before he became an actor, ooooh so manly :wub:

And the bit where she's struggling cos she knows she has to choose between the Amish & him, & she takes her bonnet off which means she's choosing him ..... ooh, makes me shiver!