llisa32

Do your kids collect things

Hiya...Just curious now..My son from age around 3.5 - 5.5 had to have every power ranger in existance and usually preffered the ones that tranformed into animals etc etc.

For the last 3 years Digimon and Pokemon have ruled the world!...now he can 'surf' the net it's even worse! - thank god he doesn't know my ebay password!

He knows all the names, what their 'moves' are, what their powers are etc..infact any small character will hold appeal for him although with digimon and pokemons coming first.

If they come standing on a base though that has to be cut off!...even if it means the item can no longer stand on it;s own :) or they loose half a foot in the process :)

Oh..and small cuddy animals...I could open my own shop with those..and i mean the keyring size ones..and if they are on a keyring that has to be cut off :)...same if anything comes with a ribbon round it't neck etc....not for much longer once we've bought it :)

Hi yes my son collects gem stones and rocks, crystals and wait for it his big love is DIAMONDS!!! this collection is yet to start as you can imagine although he is very close to having earnt his self one, god ill be bankrupt!!! he said when hes older hes going to be that rich he will buy the Star Of Africa diamond, good luck to him i say follow your dreams. He is that interested in them he knows what atoms make up a diamond and the structure of them too, the mind boggles. At least some of your sons are cuddly, ever tryed cuddling a piece of quartz or pyrite!!! lol Mrs F x

BTW hes only 8!

Edited by mrs fussy

hi this is my first post so hope it works. my son collects animals and disney stuff. he wants a room like Andy's of toy story. he is always on e bay (hasn't found password yet) and searching for toy story toys. in a way i don't mind because it has helped with his spelling and asking for help, so he has to use words. he is 13 and has gone through phases of collecting things. at least this time it's not stones!

and the animals he has are the hard plastic ones from early learning has to have mum dad and 2 babies (like the family set up). not bad until they end up coming to bed with you. :)

Yep, rocks, pebbles, pokemon stuff, DVD box sets, Books, cards, Simpson stuff and bascially anything in the home I decided to replace and throw away ie cushion covers ?????

Clare x

Have lost count of his collections over the years, I do remember:

cuddly toys

bottle tops

cards of all kinds

comics/magazines

star wars stuff

marvel characters

socks!!

toy cars

fire engines

dr who stuff

chocolate/sweet wrappers

labels

I could go on and on :lol: am sat laughing remembering the various collections now. Usually with all the collections he either lines them all up perfectly, or 'displays' them on shelves or ferrrets thenm away in a special place! He does this a bit less now recently - or so i thought until when I gave his room a damn good clear out recently and found a long line of perfectly lined up cars under his bed!! For some reason that made me cry!

Oh and just thought of another one - tea towels!! :lol: (that one makes me laugh!)

I do find it quite endearing really. :P

Luv Witsend.

Anything card type, so yu gi oh mainly, those credit card gift cards at supermarkets and cemists, mobile top up cards, discarded lottery scratch cards, and anything on a roll, so stickers, string, lastic.

sticks and stones he adores, especially unusual shapes and if it resembles a weapon, such as a pistol.

J often takes objects from about everywhere and stuffs them into his pockets and at laundry time I go throw his pockets to find all sorts of little bits and pieces he has come interested in.

J loves money, so coins, paper money, forien money and if he says a lucky coin I can not spend it whats so ever even if its a �2 pound coin.

Marbles interest J but doesnt play with them, rather investigates them looking at the wirly bit inside and the colour.

J loves Avatar at the moment so his marbles have the powers connected to this series so a blue one will be water bender, and a red one will be fire and a brown one will be earth, and so on and gets very carried away reinacting the charachters.

collects games for his consoles but only really sticks to two games which is odd in some way why have all those other games, and I have said he can swap his games but he wont, said that he plays with them, but he doesnt I think he just feels reasurred they are there if he needs it.

I collect some things too.

JsMum

Pokemon and digimon, and like your boy llisa, he's always on ebay. Only tonight we bought a digimon nintendo game from Hong Kong. He's upset about pokemon at the moment because a child from school told him that pokemon don't really exist. He's gutted, bless.

Where do I start!

Leaflets, stones, fossils, Dr who cards, those tops off the yazoo milkshake bottles, football cards, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, beads, poppy seeds, in fact anything he finds on the floor that looks interesting. Oh and he is currently walking around with a load of red elastic bands on his arm that the postman drops on the floor!!!! :unsure:

There are probably many more. His bedroom is a dustbin!

mum22boys

Well.......

Currently all Pokemon, cards, figures (and he also cuts the stands off!) magazines, games. He scours car boots with my dh (who is also an obsessive collector of old tins!)

Previously....

Dragons, Yu-gi-oh, Dr Who, beads, coloured stones, beanie babies, recipes from supermarkets, bionicles, anything to do with giant squid!!

I find it highly amusing until I go into his bedroom!!

Stella

R collects anything and everything! yu-gi-o cards, string, elastic bands (only thick ones) marbles paper from inside chewing gum (shiney bit) stones i dont know how his pockets take all the junk he has in there but he feels lost without it!

Hi My son has a few collections. One is his 'treasures'. he has a small treasure box and collect things that are special to him, like war things, shells, medals etc. he also collects dr who stuff and his big obsession/collection is shirts. he loves them so much and has over 20 shirts.

his big obsession/collection is shirts. he loves them so much and has over 20 shirts.

My (allegedy) NT husband also has a thing about shirts. He has over 20, and they are all blue and white striped! Some with thick blue stripes, some with thin, some with checkered patterns. Go figure.

My son used to collect sticks - our front garden still has a pile of them where I wouldn't let him bring them in the house.

Are any of your kids that are into gems, stones etc collecting the fortnightly mag? It's good for the avid collectors as they get a special tray, etc

Yes over the years too many to remember.

In particular

Animals,

Dinosaurs,

Pokemon

Digimon

Harry Potter

Simpsons/Futurama

Take care,

Jb

I used to collect these really tiny china animals. I still have a couple. They are quite sweet actually.

Then I collected soap, pretty ones, in certain shapes. I kept them on a shelf, but they weren't too good to handle because they would make your hands soapy and after a while the sweat off your hands would erode them a bit. I used them all up in the end.

As a teenager I collected CDs, especially those by my favourite bands (which tended to be my special interest). I had hundreds.

I was always a bit of a hoarder, but recently I have got quite good at not keeping things I don't want any more. I still enjoy music, but I did get rid of some of the CDs I don't like any more. Some of them have only a couple of good songs and I copied them to the computer and got rid of the CD. Now I am down to 105 albums, 25 singles, and 2 boxed sets, but they are all stuff I like and listen to often.

At the moment my special interest is a particular actor, and I have a growing collection of things he's been in on DVD.

pokemon cards, yu-gi-oh cards and has just started collecting duel monsters cards (arrrrghhhh!!!!).

Also collects, err.... EVERYTHING - stones, sweet wrappers, cardboard boxes, bits of wire, knotted ends of burst balloons. Oh and the most annoying thing is the red elastic bands that the posties drop on the floor coz they cant be bothered to pick them up (sorry any postmen/women but you know you do it!!! lol!!) Very good for flicking at NT sister not so good for her........ Siblings!!

:wallbash: empty toilet rolls all flattened and put under his bed. :whistle:

and pieces of paper all ripped in to �1 pieces there the on going fads but we have had loads over the years.

oh and earwigs he puts them in his brothers lego box so they can have babies :crying:

So, perhaps your question should have been 'Does any of your kids NOT collect things!

G: rocks, pebbles, pinecones, feathers, conkers, acorns, shells, small fragments of broken china, espc with a pattern, small screws, nails, anything he finds as he trots along.

Anything old or historical, bullet casings, badges, scraps of papyrus, quills, coins,small woodcarvings or metal figures,

Playmobil...Roman, Viking and Pirate naturally.

Small scraps of shiny, coloured paper...magpie stuff.

And anything to do with cats.

He weighs several stone more by the end of the day, and as I mentioned on another thread, he wears scout trousers when he's not at school. And they have many, many pockets.

P.S. OH is the same, although more specific in his collecting.

Edited by Bard

Rach -

oh and earwigs he puts them in his brothers lego box so they can have babies !!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry - but thank you that tickled me and was in need of a laugh :clap:

Luv Witsend.

My son has collected many things over the years. Like one of the previous replies he has collected power rangers etc, Thomas the Tank engine toys, light sabres, Dr Who toys, :ninja: toys.

What I hate are the comic collections such as Harry Potter Chess Pieces, Crystals, Dogs etc as he starts collecting them and getting really into it then loses interest and the are about �4 a time and woe betide us if we get rid of them!

from being old enough to move aaron has loved stones.i have had i think 11 washing machines in 7 years due to said stones.yes i know i should check his pockets and i do now.they are everywhere.he even has a bird cage for them,and two of them have names.one is sydney and one is sylvia. :rolleyes:

dont ask me why.

my baby(4)collects SNAILS :angry::sick: i find them all over the house,under her bed ,in her socks,on the window,under my pillow",mummy isnt it cute"erm.....no".so we bought her a giant african land snail,this thing is huge about the size of a small football,i wake up to it on my pillow sliming all over my head. :sick:

Dr who figures/posters/mags everything Dr Who, he has the lot, all put in order..

Cuddlytoys he has 800, again in Order.

Hi all, my son 7 has also collected loads of things but main ones are psp,ps2,ds,gameboy and now wii games he drives me around the twist wanting to buy them and costs me a fortune, managed to control slightly by giving him 10.00 per week and saying if they are anymore he has to save up, has worked out cheaper in the long run, also buzz lightyear, harry potter, spiderman

Jayne xx :rolleyes:

Ditto on the collecting...my son had many shrines (always beautifully displayed on his shelves - and no one was allowed to move anything so much as a millimeter): Spongebob Squarepants, Lara Croft, Clinique (including just the boxes) and Starbucks...a level of sophistication in his collecting as he matured, methinks?

But I love the collection he has kept the longest........Christmas decorations! He has four boxes already and every year his bedroom is magically transformed into Santa's Grotto. I keep trying to get him to 'donate' a few of his beautiful decks to me! :lol:

Merry Christmas!

ddh

pokemon cards, yu-gi-oh cards and has just started collecting duel monsters cards (arrrrghhhh!!!!).

Also collects, err.... EVERYTHING - stones, sweet wrappers, cardboard boxes, bits of wire, knotted ends of burst balloons. Oh and the most annoying thing is the red elastic bands that the posties drop on the floor coz they cant be bothered to pick them up (sorry any postmen/women but you know you do it!!! lol!!) Very good for flicking at NT sister not so good for her........ Siblings!!

DS1 is also a great collector of red elastic bands - he has even asked posties for them, I've also been through 2 washing machines thanks to elastic bands! DS1 will pretty much collect everything also, Pokemon cards and soft toys(even at the age of 12 he still has them lined up around the top of his bed), digimon figures, beyblades, bionicles, stones, anything shiny or remotely gem like, rusty bolts and screws, small cardboard boxes, dust caps from bike and car tyres and currently yu-gi-oh magazines. DS2 seems to starting the stone thing now!!

elastic bands, feathers, leaves, cardboard toilet rolls, he sleeps with a stick under his pillow because its shaped like a hook, boxes, but his main collectors item is cars he has about a 1000 or so, and he makes 'car parks' around the house, very organised neat ones i have to say, but when you stand on one on laminated flooring...........................it hurts :rolleyes::lol: