Mumble

The Screaming Thread

I'm getting pig sick of my bills at the supermarket :( DH and I aren't extravagant......neither of us smokes (well, he has the odd cigar), neither of us drink regularly at home, unless we have friends staying, so we don't buy alcohol weekly. We don't eat expensive meals....just the usual...spag bol, chicken casserole etc etc.....I buy all supermarket own brands, even more so now, including washing tablets and softner....even bought turkey today for chicken chasseur because it's cheaper......but still my bills are getting out of hand :wallbash:

I go twice a week, and now I'm lucky if I can get my bill below �50 on each visit....and it's steadily heading towards �60 :angry:

Nearly �120 per week on groceries is ridiculous....and I go to the shop each day for milk and bread on top of that........thinking of trying a budget supermarket, or living off beans on toast and using newspaper for loo roll..........how long without using deodurant do you begin to whiff? :unsure:

Don't even get me started on petrol :(

well im amazed by how things have gone up baggy :o i reckon mines gone up by about 20 pound a week and im not buying anything different,im shopping around more now instead of going to the same supermarket all the time

I'm getting pig sick of my bills at the supermarket :( DH and I aren't extravagant......neither of us smokes (well, he has the odd cigar), neither of us drink regularly at home, unless we have friends staying, so we don't buy alcohol weekly. We don't eat expensive meals....just the usual...spag bol, chicken casserole etc etc.....I buy all supermarket own brands, even more so now, including washing tablets and softner....even bought turkey today for chicken chasseur because it's cheaper......but still my bills are getting out of hand :wallbash:

I go twice a week, and now I'm lucky if I can get my bill below �50 on each visit....and it's steadily heading towards �60 :angry:

Nearly �120 per week on groceries is ridiculous....and I go to the shop each day for milk and bread on top of that........thinking of trying a budget supermarket, or living off beans on toast and using newspaper for loo roll..........how long without using deodurant do you begin to whiff? :unsure:

Don't even get me started on petrol :(

It's a nightmare, isn't it? :(

I've had to revert to the kind of things I bought years ago before we were both working full-time...

And we're not extravagant at all...same meals as you Baggy and I do the turkey thing, too!

Petrol! :sick: No way we can economise as we need two cars because of our jobs (100 miles for me for each of my 4 nights on) :( :(

And we've lost �200 per month with Child Tax Credit overpayment :o Which was my fault to be fair as I put the a decimal point in the wrong placel last year, but they wouldn't take the over-payment back at the time :unsure:

Boho :shame:

Don't get me started on petrol prices..................no fun when you live in the middle of knowhere, and need the car :(

Food shopping...................ummm.............i don't, can't most weeks. We manage of whatever promotions are around.

:wacko:

Smiley,

I saw a tv thingy the other week; if you keep the revs on the car to 2000 or around- then you can add another 80 to the gallon...or something like that...it really works....s

xxx

Youngest DD has been going on transition visits to her new special school for the past 2 weeks (two afternoons a week, for approx 1.5 hr) with a TA from her present class.

She is booked to go this afternoon and Wednesday afternoon. The visit on Wednesday was specifically scheduled so she could participate in the hydrotherapy session.

Got a call this morning from her present teacher saying they could no longer lose a member of staff to support DD and any further transition visits could only take place if DH or I supported her, inlcuding the one this afternoon.

Apparantly this was writtan in her home/school diary on Friday, but for whatever reason the diary was never sent home.

I can appreciate they have limited resources, but I do wish we'd of been forewarned of this from the beginning.

Thankfully I'm free this afternoon to collect her and support her, and DH is free on Wednesday, because if the visits were cancelled DD would of been absolutely distraught....especially so the one today, with no prior warning being given to DD.

It's further complicated by the fact that both DD's present school, and new school, are both in different towns, in opposite directions to the town we live in :wacko:

Baggy >:D<<'>

Aaaaaaaaaahh! Fatigue returned with a vengeance.....could sleep for England. Yes I do know what's causing it but it doesn't help me deal with it :wallbash::wallbash:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Stoopid ignorant, just plain useless, horrible, smelly (!?!) people...................... :wallbash:

Very, very frustrating meeting - with idiots!!!

*And breathe...............*

That's feels better! :lol:

Arrrrgggggg! Want to apply for my first job (almost) for 17 years. DH put my CV on computer , spent ages looking for it, phoned him up at work and he tells me hard drive failed and everything lost!!!!!! Deadline day after tomorrow so will have to work hard.....had planned a trip out but do feel ready for this job so outing with NT DS will have to be postponed.

Eek - I've got to go to Heathrow terminal 3 tomorrow to pick up a bunch of students arriving from Japan and Korea. I haven't been inside an airport for about 7 years - I have no idea where to go. A bus is suppose to pick us all up but I don't have the driver's details or even the name of the bus company. And no way of getting the details before tomorrow evening. And I'm not even sure where to meet them. Aaargh!! Feeling stressed. Too many unknowns :unsure::crying:

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Don't panic it will be all good. Just give yourself plenty of time so there is no rush. Even time to have a coffee before you meet them would be a good idea to settle the nerves.

I love Japanese people they are so polite.

We used to have many come and visit us, as we used to import products from Japan, had dealerships. They love to talk about their culture. They have amazingly good English. The pronounciation of some words they seem to struggle with.

I remember they could never say 'food' they would always say 'hood' even with lots of practise.

They would always turn up with gifts so beautifully wrapped. Its an art for them.

Sounds like you have an awesome job, Kathryn.

:)

Owwww owww oww. My leg is really hurting, everytime I put any weight on it it kills or even touch it, I can't even get bloomin' comfortable in bed :tearful: and I've not got any painkillers :(

I knew exercise was bad for you ...

ARGGGH! The fridge is making a really loud buzzing noise and it is hurting my brain. The only way to make it stop is to turn it off and back on again, but it only stops for a little while. I wish someone would make it stop :tearful:

The Headteacher phoned me to day to declare she watched a program on Aspergers and told me ?all Aspergers think they are normal, do I think the same??

I told her yes and asked her? do you think your normal? ?

This really p********** f*******

Leave us Aspergers alone. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

was expecting an audit today (I'm a school dinnerlady). went in early, cleaned everything, food arrived early, everything ready by 11.45, then got a phone call (i think you can guess where this is going!!) ......................................

Audit cancelled. 2 very annoyed dinnerladies etc etc.

:wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash:

AAARRRGGG!

We have no bl**dy bubble bath.

So I have a yelling stomping roaring manchild of 13 1/2 wailing because he can't play with the bubbles in his bath and his lego together.

And by God, he's loud!

>:D<<'> Bard >:D<<'>

Have you or your daughter got any smellies left from Christmas/birthday stashed anywhere? Would shower gel work or doesn't it give enough bubbles? Washing up liquid?

Failing that - earplugs? >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Nothing like that, I'm waiting for the new deluge of smellies for the teacher next week.

We've got eco washing up stuff, so few bubbles.

He's clean and grumpy and talking to the cat about how unfair life is and how negligent a parent I am. :lol:

I'll get him some more tomorrow, but it's really just one of those 'Life is hard, get over it' moments.

He began to suggest that I should go out into the night and look for some, then a basic survival instinct must have kicked in and he stopped in mid sentence and said "Oh all right then"

I must not have been wearing my happy face.

Gggrrrrrrr what a day :wallbash: :wallbash:

The bus was full so I asked an old lady with a walking stick if she'd like my seat, got up to give it to her and this chavvy cow shoved me one way :fight: and old lady the other and shoved her fat ###### in the seat - and not one passenger said anything and all seemed to suddenly need to read their newspapers very carefully. :(

Then the psych suggested counting sheep to help with my sleep issues .... :rolleyes:

And then the GP changed my medication, went to a well known high-street pharmacy to get them and the bliddy pharmacist announced in a loud voice that I really don't need that sort of medication and people today don't know what stress is :tearful: - how bliddy dare he? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Gggrrrrrrr what a day :wallbash: :wallbash:

The bus was full so I asked an old lady with a walking stick if she'd like my seat, got up to give it to her and this chavvy cow shoved me one way :fight: and old lady the other and shoved her fat ###### in the seat - and not one passenger said anything and all seemed to suddenly need to read their newspapers very carefully. :(

Then the psych suggested counting sheep to help with my sleep issues .... :rolleyes:

And then the GP changed my medication, went to a well known high-street pharmacy to get them and the bliddy pharmacist announced in a loud voice that I really don't need that sort of medication and people today don't know what stress is :tearful: - how bliddy dare he? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :wallbash: :wallbash:

How DARE HE. Its disgracful mumble you really should complain. >:D<<'> Have fun tomorrow. Enid

how disgusting is that mumble,i think thats awful,i would have told him to mind his own effing business and he would need more than tablets if he spoke about my business like that again,blimming cheek

AAARRRGGG!

We have no bl**dy bubble bath.

So I have a yelling stomping roaring manchild of 13 1/2 wailing because he can't play with the bubbles in his bath and his lego together.

And by God, he's loud!

Haha, Bard, that made me laugh! Last year, when Grandma and Grandad were looking after Jay (when he was 13 1/2!), they had the exact opposite problem! Running him a bath, Grandma accidentally put too MANY bubbles in and he was so inundated with bubbles that he couldn't play with his fish toys and had a mega meltdown, sobbing like his heart was broken. :whistle: Her response was 'aren't you too old to be playing with toys in the bath anyway'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :angry:

~ Mel ~

I am so fed up tonight....wish we had a sulking thread.....don't really feel like screaming :tearful:

Eldest DD came home from school and announced "We did some experiments with pollen today, and it's all over my cardigan. My teacher says it won't wash out and I'll need a new one" :wallbash: I've not long bought her it, and I've tried washing it, vanishing it, and now it's in the bin :( There not cheap either are they?

Youngest DD was dropped off on transport a short while later and was very excited about me going into school for their parents evening tomorrow. I had to tell her I can't go, because I have to be at home for eldest DD coming home from school (the appointments are all half hour before end of school day). She threw herself onto the pavement, screaming, and refused to budge. Took her a long while to calm down once I finally managed to get her indoors. She just can't comprehend why I can't go :tearful:

By this evening, I had managed to reassure her that I have asked her teacher, in her home/school diary, if I could go in on Wednesday instead (eldest DD is off school due to strike), so I can take her with me, so she went to bed quite happy, full of plans re her sister coming into her school to see her work and her friends.

Then DH came home tonight from a support group meeting and said he'd been told by other parents there that their children's transport isn't running on Wednesday and Thursday, due to the strike.

So we rang youngest DD's chaperone this evening, and she told us that no, the transport would not be running Wednesday or Thursday :(

I now have to decide if I run youngest DD in myself, but it's quite a way to go really, so I think we'll have to keep her home, along with eldest DD. Tomorrow I'll have to explain to eldest DD that our plans for the cinema on Wednesday won't be going ahead, and try to reorganise it somehow.

None of the above is hugely important, in the great scheme of things, and considering what others are dealing with, but you know when lots of little things build up in a short space of time and a perfectly lovely day descends into something deeply depressing.

Edited by Bagpuss