mossgrove

Might not be around much

Update 2nd Feb

Mum had her appointment on Tuesday.

As we suspected the cancer has returned and has spread slightly further than it did last time, which is not good news.

The type of Cancer she has is not curable, but was kept at bay for 12 months by Chomotherapy that she had last year, and that option will be tried again. The next two weeks wil be spent considering the best course of action as there are some big decisions to be made balancing the potentially very severe risks/side effects of some of the more agressive chemoterapy options with their potential greater benefits against the more gentle Chemotherapy options which will offer a greater quality of life in the short term but potentially be less effective at giving her more time.

Not an easy decision.

Thanks again to evrybody for their support and best wishes. It does help to keep me going at a time like this.

Simon

Original message:

As some of you already know my mother had her third diagnisis of Cancer in September 2004 which we did not expect her to recover from.

Against the odds the treatment worked and she was free of the disease for the whole of last year.

It now looks as if it has returned. She has a consultant's appointment on Tuesday to discuss the latest scan results but we are expecting the worst.

Right now we are all in shock, and am not sure if the effect will be for me to stay away from here for a while or post like a whirling dervish to distract myself.

This is just to tell you all not to be too alarmed if I diappear for a few days at a time or fail to respond to PM's.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Oh Simon >:D<<'> :(

I am so sorry, and of course we understand that you will be away from the forum.

I will be thinking of you and your family.

Bid >:D<<'>

Simon I,m so sorry to hear your news >:D<<'> , even though you may not be around much be sure to know we,ll all be thinking of you and your family.LOVE Suzex >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Simon and family >:D<<'>

You've always been here for us and we'll always be here for you when you need us.

I will be thinking of you all on Tuesday :pray:

Love,

Annie

>:D<<'>

Simon, your family will be in my thoughts and I pray it will be good news for you and your mum next week. Posting or not please take care of youself and your mum.

Phas

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Simon,

I know so many people around me of all ages with some type of cancer, what I hear a lot of them saying is thank God it is 2006 as the treatments today are so much better and improving all the time.

Many have had some very serious ones and many miracles and treatments have worked. Sometimes its a few more operations more Radiation and more Chemo, but truly they have all been pleased with persisting with treatments and they eventually have worked.

Sending you many of these :pray::pray:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> persistance is the key, never give up hope. Look after your health in the meantime, doing something physical or talking to someone really helps, it is a very stressful time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Some recommend getting involved in a Cancer support group as they really help, and are a wealth of help and advice on how to cope.

Regards

Hailey

Simon,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. Come back when you can.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Kathryn

:crying: Simon,

I am so sorry to hear this. :(

I will be thinking of you and your Mum. :crying:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope you get better news than you are expecting on Tuesday. Been through it with my dad. I'll be thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :pray::pray:

:( Sorry to hear you'r bad newsn will be thinking of you both. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to hear this news. I hope you may be presently surprised on Tuesday. Either way I will be thinking of you and your family. I went through the same thing with my dad several years ago; the waiting is horrible.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lauren

So sorry to hear the situation, Simon. will be thinking of you and your family as you have to make tough choices.Keeping you in my thoughts. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Fiona

Guest hallyscomet

Simon

My prayers are with you and yours :pray::pray:>:D<<'>

Sending you many of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hailey :pray:

Edited by hallyscomet