oracle

Oh What a Night

All the best for tonight, Carole & Ian. :)

Just think Carole this time tomorrow you'll be sitting down relaxing. (In your dreams eh!) :D

Brook

:blink:

Damn i thought this was going to be some sort of sleezy tabloide type revelation going of the thread title.

:D

Good luck with tonight.

Good Luck for tonight, i would've been going but unfortunately its still a bit soon after the arrival of the lil'un.... typical :rolleyes:

Hope it all goes well :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hope it goes well.

And if there is anyone who can't get in, you can tell them that Ian is doing another talk at the 3D centre in Halifax on Friday. Thet sent out 3000 flyers to all schools, LEAs, etc. etc. and there will be 5 people there :o:crying::wallbash: And at Halifax they get a pub lunch :dance:

Have a great evening

nemo

Carole,

I hope you remembered to get a ticket for yourself!!! :P

Best of luck!

Nellie ;)

OMG!!! Can you imagine the indignity of being turned away by some jobsworth from your OWN meeting 'cos you hadn't got a ticket!!!

Hope it goes well guys.

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it goes well.

You do understand - we expect a full report in the morning..... :P:D

Carole and Ian :notworthy:

Hope everything went well!! Let us know when you get in if your still up buzzing!! If not then we'll hear all about it tomorrow! :notworthy:

wowsounds like it was a very interesting and successful event. :dance:

I bet everyone in that room tonight has gone home with alot more knowledge than they went with. ;)

Well done Ian. :clap:

And well done Carole :clap: (you'd better go and have a lay down now in a darkened room. :blink: ). ;)

Brook

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Carole,

Did he mention Luke Jackson and the coloured lenses...... whether they helped very much. Thinking of getting these for B.

Sounds like and amazing evening >:D<<'>

Hailey

Sounds like a truely amazing night Carole, I would have loved to have joined you!! :notworthy:

I think i would have need a box of tissue with the lady seeing her hubbies face for the first time.

justamom

Carole, Sounds fantastic, wish I could have been there. I'm taking William and Luke to see Ian in May so I'm really pleased to hear how effective the lenses can be.

Lauren

I'm off with Com tomorrow to help out at another of Ian's talks (education training, not open to the public unfortunately) - really looking forward to it.

When Ian assessed Com it was amazing and I got really carried away, it's so good to hear other people have had the same experience.

Our whole family has visual perception differences so we all experienced various effects when Ian was working with Com; I still can't get rid of the only face I can fully visualise - Com in vivid red, all sharp and really spooky - so I know exactly what you're talking about when you describe the purple faces, Carole, very disturbing.

Com's glasses really help with his prosopagnosia, he still can't see a full face with them as he did under the lights with Ian but he can see an outline and more than one feature at a time - even that is a fantastic improvement for him and really helps him. He also gets some relief from glare which is a big issue for Com and some 3D perception that helps with things like judging speed and distance (crossing roads independently is now something he can tackle in a way I thought might never happen).

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thanks, Ian

Zemanski

Wow!! It certainly was a night!! It brought tears to my eyes just reading your re-enactment of it.

Weldone Carole and of course, to Ian too. :thumbs:

Edited by Tylers-mum

This sounds absolutely amazing. I really hope I get to hear Ian speak one day.

Me too, sounds enlightening and must have been so uplifting for loads of people.

Jb

Carole I'm gutted I couldn't make it unable to find any babysitter as per with my boys, every family member had an excuse :( sounds like a great night. Hopefully if Ian is up in the north again I'll be able to go.